cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overdue bill

ALF28
Super solver

My account online says my 8th april 2022 virgin media bill is overdue on 10 may 2022

This is not correct as the direct debit was collected on 26 april 2022 as normal.

I have checked my bank account statement and the payment to virgin media is listed.

Why have I got an "overdue notice" on my web site  account bill.

alf28

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RonaldWoodward
On our wavelength

NTA, general practice would be to shut down upon one missed payment until they can afford to pay. It may sound callous, but if they can't afford to use your service you're not obligated to let them.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

RonaldWoodward
On our wavelength

NTA, general practice would be to shut down upon one missed payment until they can afford to pay. It may sound callous, but if they can't afford to use your service you're not obligated to let them.

thanks for the advice,

I rang virgin billing today and they have confirmed that my bill was paid, so this is an error on the web site which is not upto date and incorrect in saying the bill was overdue, I got through quickly and they confirmed that my bill via direct debit was collected properly  from my bank in April.

The new changes to the virgin media web site seem to be the cause of this, I have never had the overdue bill notice before and hope they correct the mistake soon?

I would not want to be cut off for bill overdue, which is incorrect.

alf28

Thanks. MyInsite Login

OVERDUE BILL NOTICE NOW REMOVED FROM MY BILL TODAY

The Virgin media website bill page has updated today 11/05/2022 and my bill now displays the 10th May bill, so the red "overdue notice" for the April bill has dissapeared now.

As long as the direct debits or other methods of payment are received by the due date which on mine is 26/05/2022 then no overdue notice should be displayed, but if one appears,  but paid on time, the system is probably  still catching up, so the overdue notice was still there 2 weeks after payment had been received on 26/04/2022, so not sure if that was a mistake or an accounting error by virgin media, so will see if it appears again in  June, hope not.

I was not cut off, but that was the concern for the incorrect bill overdue notice on the web site latest bill.

alf28

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ALF28, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

It's great that you were able to get reassurances regarding your bill before we were able to respond.

If you do however have any further concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

clowns202
On our wavelength

Make sure you look at your credit file.

VM are quite the mortgage/loan blocker when it comes to reporting false late payments and false defaults.

_ _ _my_background _ _ _
Former VM customer of 15+ years. 1Gig, xl TV and phone packages. Finally gave up after months, and many hours, of trying to get them to fix things. Never seen a company like them!

BT 900meg full fibre BB, TV, Netflix + HomePhone+free calls with all support in UK. (£94 all in)

Prevously o2> Vodafone 5G Unlimited sim & 2x Vodafone 5G 100GB sims. (£50 all in)

Thanks, I will do a check today on my credit rating, good tip.

alf28

Overdue bill warning in red today (second time) in my account web page prompting a payment, I rang 150 and they confirmed my direct debit was paid on 27/6/2022 yet 11 days later the website is still not updated.

This is not acceptable to be asked twice to pay the monthly bill.?

Why is this happening?

alf28

Thanks for coming back to us ALF28,

We do apologise that your payment has still not updated on your online account, and for any inconvenience this issue has caused. As you pay your bill by DD we would not ask you to make any additional payments if your account has been paid and is up to date.

We have had no other reports of this happening to customers, so we may need to get this issue reported for you. 

I will pop you over a private message to take some details.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.