Menu
michelleb1977
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

ongoing terrible service

So, I have an issue, which seems to be impossible to fix.  I joined virgin last year, after a chat with a sales rep.  Since I've joined I have had issues with virgin taking direct debits, regardless of the money being in my account.  I couldn't have direct debit for a while, as virgin weren't trying to take it and i was receiving reminders for bills I thought were paid, so I paid my bills using my debit card.  Last month I found out that the reason virgin have difficulty taking direct debits from my account is because i asked for a date 'after the 1st', so i questioned that and asked why they didn't just take it at a later date and contact me to let me know of the issue.  I was advised that it's based 'on the area I live in and some areas don't offer the 1st', well i'd never heard that before and thought it rather ridiculous.  The lady apologised and offered me a £30 credit to my bill (which I am yet to receive!).

Meanwhile, I also took on a sim from Virgin Mobile.  To cut a long story as short as possible, two months into the contract I still didn't have data, so I called 'customer support', although I find that term rather appalling now.

Customer support tried to help using various step by step instructions and this did not work, so I advised that i'd call back as I was busy.  When I called back, a rude gentleman began going throught the step by step instructions I had already previously tried twice, so I informed him that i'd already done it with another agent and that another attempt would simply be futile.

He responded aggressively and when i advised that I'd called for help, not to have a man shouting down the line, he hung up.  That was followed by over 20 calls from the virgin media telephone number to my  mobile phone, most of which I answered.  Every time I did answer, the gentleman laughed, or whispered and hung up again, some calls were just breathing.  Regardless, it was intimidating and wrong, so I reported it to Virgin Mobile who very surprisingly were also rather abusive about the whole episode.  I was told a complaint would be escalated and someone would contact me.  No one has contacted me over a year on.  I have made numerous calls since, in the hope that a trained member of staff will answer, but have been met with the same level of service each and every time.  On one occasion I stated that 'I'd like to record the call with their permission, as I'd had issues with abuse on calls and wanted to document my complaint' to be met with 'if you record anything i will hang up'... surprising given that each time I call virgin i'm told that 'my call will be recorded'.  Astonishingly, she hung up anyway as soon as I told her that I needed a manager.

This isn't the end, although I too, wish it was.

I waited three months and called back.  On this occasion i advised that I wanted to upgrade and that I was told I could after six months.  The gentleman couldn't understand what I was asking, so iI asked for a manager.  When the manager came on the line he SHOUTED at me 'you pay wrong, you're paying wrong!' so I said 'excuse me?' to which he repeated his rant and told me that I 'pay early'.  So I explained that I was meant to be on direct debit, but I paid early so I knew it was paid, he advised me 'well it's your fault'.  so, i'm now a few months further down the line again, still can't upgrade my phone (have now been advised that virgin media issue #1 is the reason, as the direct debit issue has prevented my mobile account from upgrading!!)

Anyway, the end.... sigh

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: ongoing terrible service

Hi michelleb1977

Thanks for messaging us. We are sorry to hear about the experience which you have had with us and we do want to get this resolved for you. We will send you a private message. 

Kind regards 

Chris. 

0 Kudos
michelleb1977
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: ongoing terrible service

Hi Chris

i spoke to someone at Virgin, they pretty much reeled off the same script as the others and said my credit would-be applied on my next (bill) which it hasn't been.  I now have zero faith after the worst service experience ever.  People have to beg you for resolutions to issues they don't need.  Please help, and let's move on after ,18 months of hell

0 Kudos