cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new order gone wrong

Omaranwar
Tuning in

why is it that even though I have recieved contract information and install date for a new broadband account, nobody can help me with this when I phone in? I have recieved all the new account info, so how is this now a problem as I am nearing the start date which is 21st feb? I am very worried my services will not be live that day and I work from home. I need someone from VM to call me or reach out asap please 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Omaranwar, and welcome back to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've faced when trying to get the new services installed.

Can you possibly expand on what you've been advised when discussing the installation with our team?

Have you ordered a Quickstart installation, or do you require the cabling work on the outside of the property to be completed? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Can someone from VM please reach out to me as my provisional installation date for broadband is 23rd Feb and I have not recieved any communication or update as to what is happening since taking out the contract a month ago.

It is a self install, and I have signed up for the 1gig broadband. My VM app still shows up as unable to show any info. 

If someone can reach out to me asap as I work from home and worried about to manh interruptions to service.

Take all VM installation dates with a 25Kg sack of salt !

If you are a WFH person and the home broadband is important, do not cancel the existing ISP arrangements until after the VM service has been installed and your are fully content that it is working with all of your equipment. 

A couple of months with 2 ISPs is much easier to live with than being left with no internet for an open ended period.

My current isp is also virgin,but disconnecting on 20th as its end of contract on my wifes name. I took out a new deal with retentions which was stated as 21st as a self install. 

How screwed am I? Why woudnt it go ahead on the date specified? 

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Omaranwar, and welcome back to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've faced when trying to get the new services installed.

Can you possibly expand on what you've been advised when discussing the installation with our team?

Have you ordered a Quickstart installation, or do you require the cabling work on the outside of the property to be completed? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Quickstart. I have all the cabling and wiring into my property already. Current isp is with vm but disconnecting monday. I was sold new deal as new customer over phone by retentions.

Calling in has been useless, jess from pre install team said she would call me back in an hour which was over 2 hours ago. Promised me she would call

They said my account was not set up, and sale didnt go through, how the eff can no one telll me this? Why do i have to chase this up to find out 5 days prior? Im left in no mans land and I have a job to do from home. 

Please help me.

Thanks for coming back to me @Omaranwar.

I'd have to advise that in this instance it would be a case of either speaking to our Pre-Installs team on 0800 052 1734 or our Sales Team on 0800 183 1234

If the sale has not gone through, the Sales Team would be your best bet.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Omaranwar 

I can see we have replied to you regarding this on another thread.

Please keep to one so we can best assist you.

Zoie

Sorry I wont, VM have been an utter joke throughout. No one has helped me at all. Just generic replies. VM cant seem to help me, spoke to sales and your colleague there said the retentions guy lied to me behaved improperly. Bloody shame to be honest.