cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving house and put on a fresh contract? help!

Massamluke
Joining in

hi all,

recently moved house, took my package with me, or so i thought. it  appears i have been put on a fresh 18 month contract. i paid my £20 moving fee and did not make any changes to my package, however i still seem to have been put on a fresh contract.

i spoke to customer services who just passed me around to 3 operators and neither could help until the last one who told me he was putting me back onto my old contract with 4 months remaining. that was 2 weeks ago and nothing has changed.

yesterday £200 was taken from my account. i spoke to virgin and was told my old services are running at my previous property still as for some reason they were not disconnected/ moved to the new property. 

i am guessing both issues are related as i could not have taken a package to a new house thats still running at a previous property.

this along with an early disconnection before my agreed moving date and numerous installation cancellations has made me have enough of virgin. 

can anyone suggest the quickest way of getting this money back for my previous package and leaving my new contract which i believe has been issued incorrectly without my consent ?

im after a single point of contact rather than getting passed around departments who just fob me off

thanks

luke

5 REPLIES 5

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Massamluke,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with you home move.

I would love to help resolve this for you, I will send you a private message now, so I can help you further.

Please look out for a purple envelope, at the top right corner.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Massamluke,

Thanks for joining me in a private conversation.

I am glad we have got this sorted for you in the end.

I look forward to further updates on this.

Have a lovely rest of the day.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Massamluke
Joining in

I’ve previously contacted virgin due to moving house and being put on a fresh 18month contract. I contacted support and they assured me I was back on my original contract end date. However, that original date is in 2 weeks and my contract on my virgin account still shows the most recent contract. I am at my wits end with people at virgin not doing what they claim they will. Have I got any legal options or ombudsman options here if it gets messy? 

I’ve previously contacted virgin due to moving house and being put on a fresh 18month contract, which wasnt correct. I contacted support and they assured me I was back on my original contract end date. However, that original date is in 2 weeks and my contract on my virgin account still shows the most recent contract. I am at my wits end with people at virgin not doing what they claim they will. Have I got any legal options or ombudsman options here if it gets messy? 

Hi @Massamluke, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you were re-contracted without your consent.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee