cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving home and being put into a new 18 month contract

deano2012
Dialled in

Hi all' we are moving home soon and i have informed the virgin media team via live web chat and after i told them my new address etc i have been sent a new 18 month contract' i have not long just been put into a new contract back in march which is for broadband only deal' i have a new account number too' is this the norm for moving house as i have not changed my broadband package thanks.

dean.

90 REPLIES 90

Hey Prot0,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Hi Steven_L.

Any chance of a reply to the last pm I sent you? 

Thanks.

Thanks for coming back to me Prot0, I have been offline for a few days since your last responded to me via private message. 

I will get this looked into further for you to have the new contract removed and revert you back to the original terms in your contract before your house move. This will need to be done by a manager, so I will pass this onto them and get back to you once it has been completed.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven_L. 

Was your manager able to sort this out? Hopefully everything has been sorted with my new bill as I have heard nothing yet.

Thank you.

Hey Prot0,

Sorry that I didn't get back to you, I have just looked into your account and this has now been resolved, you will be on the rate that you paid at your old home. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Llmthommo
Joining in

Hi, I was hoping to jump on the back of this existing thread. I just arranged a house move on the Live Chat today, scheduled for 10 June. During that conversation I was told my contract would stay the same and I would just move the existing Virgin hub with me. However, I have now received a new contract starting another 18 month period and a text saying Yodel will contact me about the new package. I also have been given a separate account number from the one I’ve had for the past four years. I’d be grateful if a member of the Virgin team could assist? I could be misunderstanding, but it sounds like I’m being given an entirely new account / contract rather than just moving anything.

best wishes

Hello Llmthommo,

Thanks for jumping on this thread and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are needing to query your new package after booking in a house move.

This will happen if the package you had cannot be moved over and we have to start a new one.
I'd like to take a look into this for you and see what has happened.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your envelope at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Good evening,

The same thing happened to me and after trying to resolve it on at least 3 occasions via phone and webchat, I had to submit a complaint.

I’d be grateful if a member of the Virgin team could assist.

This thread is self-evidence of the problem that seem to continue to exist.

In April 2023 I've initiated the house move and called VM to see what the options are for me. In our circumstances it made sense to either cancel or continue with existing contract and I've asked to continue with the existing contract which ends in September 2023.

On 29th April 2023, I've received an email that did not match the discussed terms nor price and I've immediately called Virgin Media.

During a call on 29th April 2023 I was advised that my contract will be moved to a new address with a move fee applicable and then an existing contract will be transferred to a new account and I can disregard the first bill as this will only be calculatable after full transfer taken place, it was confirmed to me that a one off cost was included for Virgin Media Moving Charge.

On 05th May 2023 I've accessed VM online account which was now listing incorrect information (instead of the contract that I've still on).

On the same day I've contacted VM via webchat and advised them of this and questioned other charges as these did not add up to what was discussed (including an annual increment that was never mentioned).

On 22nd May 2023, we have had an Engineer attending and fixing a physical and technical connection issue at our property.

Today, I've received my bill, and to my surprise it is still not updated. I've contacted the Virgin Media today via chat and still had no appropriate response, instead the last non automated message that I had is stating that I would be transferred to movers team so I can speak to them directly.

In other notes:
The conversation began today 22/06/2023 - at 15:26
My total wait time: 179 minutes (total wait for VM messages since my last message) (3 hours without a single minute! and all that for just to be transferred)
VM wait time: 26 minutes (total wait for my message since VM response)

15:26 - started
21:02 - automated message: Agents are now coming to the end of their shift but will respond after 8am tomorrow.

Can I have some help please?

The same thing just happened to me and after trying to resolve it on at least 3 occasions via phone and webchat, I had to submit a complaint.

I’d be grateful if a member of the Virgin team could assist.

This thread is self-evidence of the problem that seem to continue to exist.

In April 2023 I've initiated the house move and called VM to see what the options are and for me, it made sense to either cancel or continue with existing contract and I've asked to continue with the existing contract which ends in September 2023.

On 29th April 2023, I've received an email that did not match the discussed prices and I've immediately called Virgin Media.

During a call on 29th April 2023 I was advised that my contract will be moved to a new address with a move fee applicable and then an existing contract will be transferred to a new account and I can disregard the first bill as this will only be calculatable after full transfer taken place, it was confirmed to me that a one off cost was included for Virgin Media Moving Charge.

On 05th May 2023 I've accessed VM online account which was now listing incorrect information (instead of the contract that I was still on).

On the same day I've contacted VM via webchat and advised them of this and questioned other charges as these did not add up to what was discussed (e.g. an annual increment that was never mentioned).

On 22nd May 2023, we have had an Engineer attending and fixing a physical and technical connection issue at our property.

I've contacted the Virgin Media today via chat and still had no appropriate response, instead the last non automated message that I had is stating that I would be transferred to movers team so I can speak to them directly.

The conversation began today 22/06/2023 - at 15:26 and ended with me being transferred to 'movers messaging team' 21:02 - automated message: Agents are now coming to the end of their shift but will respond after 8am tomorrow.
2 hours and 59 minutes of wait time between my and VM messages and all this just to be transferred.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MeJustMe, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am really sorry to hear of the experience you have had here - it's not the level of service we aim to provide at all. Given the amount of information you've provided, it's more than enough for me to know that this needs taking care of. With that, I will send you over a private message and help from there. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.