Menu
Sandycat
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

moving but parents still live here

I am moving away but my parents still live in the house. I would like to cancel my contract and my parents would like to start a new one. Will they get New customer deals. Can this be seamless as I would not like them to be without TV or phone or broadband for that matter..

0 Kudos
shauneeb
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: moving but parents still live here

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@shauneeb wrote:

you can give your account to your parents

All the best Smiley Wink

Thats the disruption free method.

If you can deal with minor disruption then cancelling and them taking out a new contract (with new customer deals) would save a fair chunk of money.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

shauneeb
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As Shafreya mentioned, a new deal would save money & be the better choice for them, also remember though, you'll have to give 30 days notice to leave & if you're in a contract you may have to pay an early disconnection fee for each service you have left up to the end of the contract, more info here

If you're out of contract & just 30 days rolling then it's just 30 days notice to leave & pay the final bill.

So you can either pass on what you have at present to your parents (disruption free method, but then there's no discounts etc)

Or you can cancel & they can take a new contract (a slight disruption, but better for them to save money with a package deal)

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There is also one gotcha in that if it’s an oversubscribed area once you give up the connection it maybe taken up by someone other than your parents. Unfortunately I do not know of any way of checking this out.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If your broadband is rubbish only in the evenings then oversubscription must be suspected. It's worth doing some speed tests at peak periods.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Sandycat 

thanks for the  message 

Can you contact the move and transfers team on 150 from your Virgin Media Home Phone number or 0345 454 1111, then select option 4, option 3 if keeping services, or option 4 if disconnecting services.

Kind regards

0 Kudos