cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

move service to new address

jdickson007
On our wavelength

A few weeks ago, I gave Virgin ample notice that I was moving house, checked that Virgin service was available at new address etc

Virgin/Yodel sent equipment (cable) to new address,

Moved in - no service (activation failed), so need engineer to visit.

Phone Virgin to ask about billing/contract - they don't know new address, or new account number (why necessary?) or what services moved, or when contract ends.

They kept asking me what was agreed.

Fun game - try getting past security on new account when you didn't know you had one.

If I has spoken to a random person on the street, I would know more than Virgin.

I have told Virgin that if service is not available within 3 days, I consider this breach of contract.

And I just know that the 2 contracts I have with Virgin (which Virgin repeatedly tell me is only 1 - but both show up online) will come to bite me.

3 REPLIES 3

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi jdickson007, thanks for getting in touch. 

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had when moving your services to a new property. Under these circumstances a new account would always be created, sorry if that wasn't made clear.

If you're unable to clear security on the account then we would usually go through alternative security procedures. So we can help get things cleared up for you I will contact you via PM - just look out for the purple envelope icon and we'll take it from there.

Tom 

jdickson007
On our wavelength

I am waiting for Virgin to send (email) confirmation of deal agreed with HoneyLyn on WhatsApp on Friday 25th - 2 days ago. Can you chase?

My colleague replied to you yesterday via PM 🙂 @jdickson007

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill