cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

miss sold package

sptel990
Joining in

Hi,

In October last year we upgraded to a new package. 

The package total was agreed on to be £77 including an o2 sim card.

I specifically told the person on the phone that if the total amount for the package did not include the sim card, then I did NOT WANT the sim card. He was very pushy to try and sell the sim card and said 'yes yes it is included in their sir do not worry'. Again I mentioned I simply do not require the o2 sim card but just confirming I am happy to pay the total amount of 77 providing that it includes the sim card and we would just keep it on the side and not use it.

Present - We have been charge £77 from virgin each month and £12 separately from o2 for the last 5 months. I tried to speak to Virgin and it was seriously infuriating.

What can be done about this? It has genuinely upset my wife. I would like to be refunded for the extra money we have been paying as this is clearly a service that was miss sold to us under false pretences. 

edit : seriously close to just cancelling the direct debit with O2 but how are you supposed to liaise between two separate companies that you were miss-sold a package from one, a product from another? I refuse to pay a cancellation charge in all honesty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

J

5 REPLIES 5

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I would be very grateful for that help.

Hi there @sptel990 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums.

I am so sorry to hear that this has happened and I can understand how frustrating this must have been. 

I'd be more than happy to take a look into this for you, I'll send you a PM now so we can do so. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

Hello,

I spoke to someone and got this supposedly sorted more than a few months ago. It turns out that the compensation that was supposed to be applied to my account has not been applied to my account and I am still being charged for the miss sold package.

Please can someone look into this further for me.

Regards,

Jay

Hello again, 

I'm so sorry to see this hasn't been resolved as we had discussed!

I will pop you another a PM now so we can look into this again and get it sorted. 

Thank you.