cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manned installation charge £30

david1234432120
Joining in

i noticed i was charged a manned installation charge £30. 

when i signed up there was no mention of this.

what can i do about it?

20 REPLIES 20

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
To see if you have been charged in error - I will move this thread to the Accounts forum and a VM person should respond on there in a day or so and sort it for you

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

yes thats the activation that different from a manned installation. but i was never offered a quickstart on the website that was free. 

why is this a virgin hidden charge.

im going to make a customer complaint this is not right. im within my 14 days. and if i dont get it refunded i will be cancelling and moving to vodafone.

ok thank you.

why does this seem like a hidden charge?

im within my 14 days. and if i dont get it refunded i will be cancelling and moving to vodafone.

Hello David, 

I will send you a private message now, so I can raise a complaint with you. 

The work to get the resolution for you.

Please look out for a purple envelope, at the top right of your page.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @david1234432120, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised regarding the manned installation fee.

The £30 manned installation fee does apply, unless specifically outlined during your discussion with Sales or online that this has been waived.

In addition to this, the £30 installation fee should be mentioned in your contract alongside the £35 activation fee.

If you can review your contract, and if there is no manned installation charge showing please let us know, and we may be able to review this.

Many thanks

Tom_W

a 30 quid charge hiddlen in the small print of a contract not mentioned on the web page when i made the order hardly seems fair.

where can i get a copy of my contract

Hi @david1234432120 thanks for your reply.

You contract will have been emailed to you at point of sale - have you received this? Please let me know if not and I can get this looked into for you.

Many thanks

Tom_W

i dont seem to have it. can a copy be sent to me.

anyway even if its in the contract when i was signing up it should have been displayed on the webpage. not hidden away in small print.

i dont like the way this has happened. ill just jump ship to vodafone.

If Quickstart is not available, we will provide a technician to carry out the installation, and there will be no charge for this. 

quickstart was not available on the website.

and i was sent a router through the post 2.5 years ago. if virgin does not think i will kick up. they dont know their customers lol

Hi @david1234432120

Good morning, thank you for posting and welcome to our community forum. Sorry to hear about your issue regarding your contract.

I'm going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs