Menu
jregent
Tuning in
Message 1 of 36
Flag for a moderator

manhole cover noise

Hi team,

There is a noisy virgin media manhole cover which is effecting residents in my street, especially at night. TFL say its one of yours. Your twitter team have been responsive but suggested a fix would be forthcoming within a couple of working days, but its been over a week. The noise itself has been going for months but its taken a while to find the company responsible via TFL. I would be grateful if you could let me know how to formally raise this with you / look into what remedial action is planned and on what time frame? 

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Re: manhole cover noise

the forum staff would need to know postcode and if possible what number house its outside

--------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up on kudos. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution, but only do this once issue has been resolved.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi jregent,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for reaching out with regards to this noisy manhole cover. If you've already provided the details via our Twitter page, I'm confident this has been reported already. However, I'd be more than happy to escalate this for you.

As above, please could you confirm the road name and area where the manhole cover is located, or the post code, as well as a nearby building number or name. I can then pass this on to our maintenance team for resolution.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
jregent
Tuning in
Message 4 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Of course, its Kennington Park Road, SW9 6BU, outside the bus stop Oval (Stop Q).  Much obliged if you could follow up with your teams and provide an eta on getting it fixed.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi jregent,

That's perfect, thank you very much. I have emailed this over to our dedicated maintenance team to look into for you. Once they've got back to me with a job reference or estimated fix date, I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 36
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi again 🙂

Just to keep you posted, our maintenance team have advised that this is booked in to be completed on 02.08.19.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
jregent
Tuning in
Message 7 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Much obliged Rachael,

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

James

jregent
Tuning in
Message 8 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachel, 

The works have not been done yet and as its a red route they can only be done overnight. I doubt your team would be doing this work on a Friday night therefore I am concerned this repair will not happen today. I have also spoken with neighbours who had been promised by Virgin Media the works would be completed last Friday - so there is some doubt about when the work will be carried out. Please can you contact your repair team again and confirm they plan to get this fixed tonight? Please can you also provide a reference number and contact method for that team? 

Many thanks,

James

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I have gone back to the team today to request an update on this jregent, the team don't have a number we can give you to call but as soon as I hear back from them I will let you know.

Rob

0 Kudos
jregent
Tuning in
Message 10 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Rob,

Cheers.

0 Kudos