cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

m100 package inconsistent speeds

ails85
Just joined

Have the m100 package. Was previously paying 27.99 due to discounts but price has now gone back up to £47.

At £27.99 was willing to accept somewhat inconsistent speeds at times but at £20 more less so. Often end up using my mobile 5G in some rooms of my house as speed and connection can be unpredicatable.

The HUB I have is from Jan 2014 when I first became a customer, could this be causing the wifi to be so hit and miss? I stay in a city centre albeit in an old building but would expect more consistent service.

Trying to get through to Virgin about this is proving all but impossible. Anyone had any luck either getting a free HUB upgrade or reducing their M100 package price? I only have broadband and have no interest in a phone or tv package.

2 REPLIES 2

Aaron2
Well-informed

@ails85 wrote:

Have the m100 package. Was previously paying 27.99 due to discounts but price has now gone back up to £47.

At £27.99 was willing to accept somewhat inconsistent speeds at times but at £20 more less so. Often end up using my mobile 5G in some rooms of my house as speed and connection can be unpredicatable.

The HUB I have is from Jan 2014 when I first became a customer, could this be causing the wifi to be so hit and miss? I stay in a city centre albeit in an old building but would expect more consistent service.

Trying to get through to Virgin about this is proving all but impossible. Anyone had any luck either getting a free HUB upgrade or reducing their M100 package price? I only have broadband and have no interest in a phone or tv package.

Call to Retentions (0345 454 1111) options 1,1,4,4 that will get you into the queue, from there they can take a look at discounting the package price but it does of course come with an 18 month contract.

From there you can also request they check their end and see if they can see any dropouts in the last 30 days, if not then the issue is entirely WiFi related, typically a hub replacement is not done for these unless all other options have been exhausted. My best advice personally is either trying the Virginmedia WiFi Pods or buy your own from somewhere like Argos/Amazon/Currys and seeing if there is any improvement. You can bring it up to the agent and they may run through some checks with you. You can of course try for a replacement with them, but there's no guarantee it will happen.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ails85

Thanks for posting on our community forum and a big warm welcome with this being your first post!

As advised by the helpful Aaron2 - if you contact our team using 0345 454 1111 with the above options they'll be able to look at re-negotiating your package and tailoring this to your needs. As for your broadband issues, do you experience any dropouts via a wired connection? How does your broadband fair via wired?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs