cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locked out of VM account

Blueyonder2
Tuning in

Please note I am locked out of virgin media account and email account. error message 

We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again.

Email stopped working early june now account locked out

9 REPLIES 9

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you confirm that you have a current Virgin Media broadband account?

The username unknown message usually only comes up when their is no associated VM broadband account.

Edit to add you can check the primary username for your account via this link:

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

yes i currently have an account an a 300mbit broadband connection with VM

Further I have not forgotten details they are simply not accepted any more

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Blueyonder2 wrote:

Further I have not forgotten details they are simply not accepted any more

It may be that the current account has a different primary username associated with it.  The forgotten username link is a way of checking what the system thinks it is.

The VM Forum Team will be along later and should be able to help investigate what has happened.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

just used fin confirm user name link provided, says it found me and quote the right email address but will still not allow sign in with current credentials

Hi @Blueyonder2

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you tried to reset the password via our website? No worries if not, I can take a look into this for you.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello Travis, 

I have not tried because I am also locked out of my email with VM and  thats the username

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Travis_M  As they cannot access their My Virgin Media account they cannot reach the password reset page.

I understand, my bad. I'm going to private message you now to look into this further, please keep an eye on your inbox @Blueyonder2

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs