Menu
MickyT
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

late payment charge and I pay by direct debit !

How can you charge me £7:50 for making a late payment when I have always paid by direct debit including the one for the charge.

Virginmedia is a joke.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: late payment charge and I pay by direct debit !

Hi MickyT.

Thanks for posting and apologies for the delayed reply.

A late payment fee is charged when the last bill is not paid in full, by the time the new bill has been produced.

An example would be January's bill not paid in full before February's was created.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
MickyT
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

John_GS did you bother to read the post or just decide to post a standard meaningless reply.

I didn't make the payment. Virginmedia have always taken the payments by direct debit, Virginmedia chose when to collect the payment not me. If for whatever reason they decide to take my money late why should I pay £7:50 for Virginmedia's failure to collect on time. What part of that are you struggling with and I will try to explain again.

Tudor
Hero
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, stock answers from VM staff seems to be the way this forum is going.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Tudor 

the new team from manchester are from twitter and will take a while to adjust to being part of the community. What you  are seeing is the interim as they learn / adjust.

@MickyT 

Ultimately it is YOUR responsibility to pay on time. I do however sympathise as this isn’t a situation that should happen with DD paying, be interesting to see what the actual reasons is but you’d have to ring up billing for that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos