cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i can't get through to anyone to cancel my contract

Anaferreira6
Tuning in

I need urgently to cancel my contract but no one answers the phone. Can i just cancel the direct debit?

53 REPLIES 53

press the numbers to upgrade ? Always on hand to take more money from you. 
I think cancelling your direct debit is the only way to get them to talk to you... I’ve been trying to contact them now for about two weeks

come back Sky ... all is forgiven

Anonymous
Not applicable

NEER CANCEL YOUR DIRECT DEBIT.

this will not get them to talk to you. It will end up with you owning them money for the agreed contract and the debt being passed to a collection agency and a black mark on your credit file that will damage your credit for years

Hi Martin

Unfortunately I am in the same situation. I have called 12 times over 5 days to cancel my services (I am moving in with my parents who already have Virgin), however every time I do so I am cut off. Is this something you can look into for me as I leave my home in 4 days.

I am more than happy to wait on hold, however no one ever answers my calls. I had intended to get Virgin again once I had moved into my new home however this process is making me question this.

Based on this thread I have contacted Which for advice who have recommended speaking to the ombudsman, however before I do so it would be much easier if you can help me cancel my services on the 20/11/20.

Thanks

Paul

Phoning does not work, as other people have said you just hang up or re direct to something that doesn't exist, see address link in this chain of replies.  If I need to I will just cancel my DD and move back to Sky who at least have a call centre that is working.

rajatkhan
Tuning in

I'm in the same situation. I've tried to phone them a month ago, called for 2 days various times, nothing. Couldn't get through to anyone. 

So I had to struggle to find their address. Basically they hide their address to make it as difficult as possible to close an account. The only way to find this is by reading threads on this forum. The address is

Virgin Media

Sales Operation Support,

Diamond Plaza,

Daleside Road,

Nottingham,

Nottinghamshire,

NG2 3GG

However, they will completely blank you. I sent my letter by recorded signed for. The tracking showed it was received, however a month on, nothing. 

I'm absolutely disgusted beyond belief at this and I promise one thing, ill never be back with virginmedia ever again. 

3 years ago I spoke to someone to close my account. I got talked into accepting another contract based on a 'discount'. They simply hiked the service charge, when inclusive of the discount I was still paying more than before. 

This company is a total con. 

Hi Ruby11, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm very sorry you're having some trouble speaking to the team, I can fully appreciate your frustration. 

I'm afraid we're unable to cancel your contract from here but you can find all of our contact methods via our contact page and I'm sure the team will be able to help.

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hi Emma,

Thanks for prompt response but I tried this yesterday and gave up when the phone line gets cut off and the website doesn't have a facility to get in touch with anyone other than the BOT which tells you that it might take 24 hours to get a response which is Ok but when I look again in the morning the exchange has gone.  It's not a good system to install faith in customers.

Will there be any opportunity to speak to anyone before 18th December, contract end date as we no longer need some of the services in our current bundle, and like many others I do not want to pay for services I no longer want or need.

I do apologise for the experience you've had so far. 

All of our teams are very busy at the moment so I would advise giving us a call as early as possible starting from 8am. 

If you're still having issues after trying this then let us know. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Thanks for address writing letter now.

Martin

Are you having a laugh at the customers expense?

Not being able to contact Virgin Media Whitley Bay when one is in financial difficulty by being told you can only call or write a letter to a non-existing address and leave ones home during a pandemic is outrageous.

Virgin Media have, without competition, the WORST customer service record out there. It should be unlawful to do what you are doing. straight to the media, national press and Which consumer / Martin Lewis and the ombudsman is where I’d be going-not the bloody post box.