cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i can't get through to anyone to cancel my contract

Anaferreira6
Tuning in

I need urgently to cancel my contract but no one answers the phone. Can i just cancel the direct debit?

53 REPLIES 53

Ana

Correct link is https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/shop/downloads/J3085_Code_of_Pract... the forum team link had a . at the end of the address by error. 

Martin i understand this but as your channels are broken this fails miserably. I was promised for the 3rd time a call from VM once they had resolved the issues which had failed to happen. I am left in no other position but to spend another 1.5 hours attempting and then will be putting complaint in writing while also contacting ofcom to raise my issues. As I have stated I do not authorise the contract or service charges being forced on me without authorisation.

Calls can take up to an hour to be answered, this is wishful thinking. Calls are dropped before you get to 45 minutes. 

Hi skiingscot,

I'm unsure what channels you're referring too but we aren't aware of any broken channels. 

Our call centre lines are busier than normal but we are working to speak with all customers as soon as possible. 

Can you advise specifically what has happened?

^Martin

Issues with this account and billing has been ongoing since early march. 

- Spoke to agent last thursday, they confirmed there was an error in my account setup. They escalated with manager and would call me back with an approach to resolve later that day or Friday 20th. 

- No contact so called 4:45 Friday 20th and on hold for 30+ minutes and call then died. I didn't continue to try further as the agent advised they were working until 5:30 each day

- I received an email stating contract changes had been made by me and attached a 12 month contract morning of Monday 23rd  

- Called back Monday 23rd and after 6 attempts managed to get connected to agent who reconfirmed details and was escalating again for a call back from outbound team yesterday / today. it was advised that there was a 14 day cooling off period based on a service which I hadnt subscribed to which was due to expire 24/03 so would certainly be in touch. 

- No call by 4pm today so I have called (now 4th time i have been on the line trying to speak to someone) due to failure of the team to contact me once again. Each call i am disconnected at 38 minutes and a number of seconds (its not coincidence and clearly a call handling setting within the contact platform). 

I believe you can understand my frustration and concern around the actions of virgin media customer services. I understand the business is under extreme pressure but the ongoing failures to resolve my issues has been over an extended number of weeks. 

38 minutes and 5 seconds and disconnected again. Do you have any comment on the answer to your question provided above?

Thank you for that information skiingscot. 

I would like to help take a look at this for you and see if I can assist with this in anyway. 

I will private message so I can take a look into this. 

^Martin

Go to the ombudsman; that's my only option to cancel my TV package. It's criminal how they don't let you downgrade online, but you can upgrade. Greedy money grabbing selfish company, who have always had the worst 'helplines' known to man. The disconnection 'trick' happens to me too. Good luck with your problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not know why everyone doesn't simply write to their registered Company Address:

Virgin Media

500 Brook Drive

Reading

RG2 6UU

They will soon get fed up if everyone writes to them!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do not know why everyone doesn't simply write to their registered Company Address:

Virgin Media

500 Brook Drive

Reading

RG2 6UU

They will soon get fed up if everyone writes to them!

Not sure anyone would open the letters.