cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freeview only on my tivo box?

SGvmedia
On our wavelength

Hi,

So my contract is ending in 4 days time.  I have had email confirming and requesting i return the router (havent had a box/bag to send back with yet).

The Tivo boxes which i have had for over 4 years now - they have not asked for back. Can i still get freeview channels (BBC, ITV, 4,5 etc..) on these after my contract has ended?

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @SGvmedia 

The returns packaging is usually sent out around 10 days after teh account is closed.

You can request packaging yourself via <<< this page >>> 

If you have any issues opening that link either try a different browser or incognito window.

You won't be able to receive any TV on the TIVo once the cancellation completes and the boxes are de-activated.

You should be able to recycle the old TIVO's, your local government webiste should have details of local recycling centres, also this page may help https://www.recyclenow.com/recycling-locator 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

okay thanks, so no option for simple freeview channels with virgin at all.  I thought so, but wondered if maybe just all the paid channels get turned off and free channels would be left - or if there was an option where virgin can leave the free to air channels on.

Hi there @SGvmedia 

Thank you for your post and welcome back to the forums. 

If there is no TV package with us then the Tivo box will not be active and you will not be able to view any TV services. 

If you do wish to continue services with us then please do call our team on 0345 454 1111 and they will look at suitable packages for you. 

Thanks again. 

It’s a shame really. I’d like VM to offer a way to use the cable connection to access Freeview when people can’t afford premium TV packages.

We’ve cancelled our TV package and dropped to broadband because for some reason VM doesn’t seem to value existing customers as much as new. 

We had the big TV sports and movie package, with 600mb line. After our deal ended we were paying nearly £150 a month. The cheapest we were offered was £120+ a month. New customers get the TV package we had with a 1gb line, Netflix and I even saw an advert recently including a 43” 4k TV with the bundle priced at £85.

So new customers getting a lot more for a lot less. I’d have been happy to keep what we had for £85 a month. 

Morning Yelwaps

I am sorry you feel this way. Freeview is a completely separate company so this wouldn't be possible I'm afraid. All new customers get a welcome offer when they join the service, you'd have also received a welcome offer. After this offer ends, we'd then offer you the best price for the package requested. Pop us a message via Whatsapp and we can review the account for you on 07305327112 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill