Menu
bluejas
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

final billing

Hi

Just putting this out there for info.

I'm a former Virgin Media customer who started out with cable services over twenty years ago. I'm now happily enjoying the much cheaper services of another supplier.While Virgins services were very good over the years I have to say that leaving them is not simple, My last two bills showed line rental charges way beyond the time the line was switched over and the credit owed to me was being used to pay it, I spoke to one advisor who said my credit was "about £30" however after chasing for the money I was then told it was £14.44p... I've since received a cheque, yes a cheque for the lesser amount, there was no final bill enclosed or any way of checking if this is correct.

If Virgin ever want to tempt old customers back this is not the way to part company.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: final billing

Hi there bluejas, 

Thanks for your post - sorry to understand that you have now left our family. 

In regards to your disconnection and billing, I apologise if you were not advised of the process. 

When you book your disconnection, you will still be billed as normal during the notice period. These bills will be produced and must be paid in full by the due date listed on the bill. 

We should not advise of any final bill amount or money owed until the final bill has been produced - the reason for this is amounts can change and be updated; by advising you of a predicted amount can cause undue stress and confusion. 

A final bill will be produced around 10 days after your account has closed. This is posted to the account address. 

This final bill will outline any charges or credits that are owed - if a credit is showing, this is what the cheque amount will be for. 

Once again, very sorry about any confusion and stress caused by this. 

Cheers 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
bluejas
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

Thanks for the reply, I wasn't particularly stressed or confused about the process,I just had conflicting advice.

I just assumed a final bill would be included with the cheque, thanks for clearing that up.

Regards James

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply James - the final bill should be with you within around 2 weeks after you have disconnected. 

The Cheque is posted around 35 days after the account has closed. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
bluejas
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

I've long given up waiting for a final bill, my phone line and number were switched over in the middle of November yet the last bill I had showed you were still taking line rental from my credit up until the end of January, I guess I'll just bank the cheque and move on.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there bluejas, 

I am sorry to hear of this; there should be no reason as to why you would not have had your final bill; if you have received your cheque refund then this would mean that your account would have been closed at least 35 days before your cheque was posted. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos