cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exclusive offer

willbar01
Joining in

I received the following: 

Hi it's Virgin Media here. We've been trying to reach you to discuss your services. We've got an exclusive offer just for you - 100MB Broadband for only £16 per month! To discuss this with us or anything else, please call us on 02037436951 and our dedicated team will be happy to help. To stop receiving messages, reply STOP. 

When I call the number there is no ring tone and it is silent. Is this a SCAM? 

14 REPLIES 14

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello willbar01

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Forums.

The number you advised 02037436951 is our outbound team that have access to specific offers. 

If you were to call back then the £16 offer would sadly not be available.

Gareth_L

willbar01
Joining in

Hi Gareth 

They have asked me to call them back and the number won't accept calls. What do I do here? If I don't hear back or am able to contact them, I will have to go to another provider as my contract is up next week? Can you help - or email the team to contact me? 

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi willbar01,

I can look into this for you. 
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

kannanni
On our wavelength

D1A9B5A8-CCBC-4176-A96B-7EE62968F9C3.jpeg

Hi Gareth_L

Can you please have a look for me too. I’m going through exactly the same thing. Received the same text and my services are due to disconnect in a week time.

Have a look at this for me too please

MasterM
Joining in

I believe this is yet more incompetence from Virgin Media and not a scam.  Due to disconnect tomorrow, received the SMS with an offer (from a number used by Virgin historically) but the callback number provided in the text doesn't work!

kannanni
On our wavelength

Total mess with VM at the moment. To me it looks like they have changed that landline number in the message and for some reason are still messaging and asking people to call the old dead number…That landline number became public recently on the ukhotdeals and perhaps they had loads of people ringing it. Majority of these people managed to get very good offers, nothing like retention offers..

one thing is for sure: it’s not scam or spam 

Lisa84
Joining in

I keep receiving this text message too but have no missed phone calls and when I call the number, it is a repeated message saying your call is being registered. I am due to disconnect next week, will this number be fixed? (0203 743 6951).

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Lisa84, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are having issues when contacting the number on the text. 

Are you calling during the day? 

Thanks, 

Nat