cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

essential broadband for UC customers

Rammstein1972
On our wavelength

hi, I'm out of the 18 month contract and in receipt for 5 yrs of universal credit, it's now jumped up to double the half price now which I certainly cannot afford, I've been in hospital after having a right frontal lobe stroke and in very serious ill health, who do I contact to ask for this cheap broadband and can I still keep my sim for my mobile as I desperately need it for emergencies,  I'm still on the oomph thing with mixit TV and fastest speed I think.. Can I apply for the broadband for universal credit claimants and keep my sim only contract? it's part of the whole package.. I don't know what I should do.. Any advice is greatly appreciated

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Rammstein1972 

Sorry to hear of your health issues, sending healing thoughts.

You should be able to keep your mobile number.

Details of the essentials broadband package are here.

According to that page, "What if I’m currently an Oomph customer?

To move to Essential broadband, you’ll have to change your Oomph SIM to a regular mobile plan with us or cancel it. Your mobile plan will still be subject to our annual price rise and you’ll still have to pay off your Freestyle loan for your mobile phone if you have one."

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post and a very warm welcome to you @Rammstein1972.

Sorry to hear of your recent health issues, we hope that we're able to assist you with the switching to our Universal Credit scheme, without any hiccups.

Do please follow the very helpful links issued by @newapollo and if you need anything further, or have any questions about the application, do feel free to come back to us

Kindest regards,

David_Bn