cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating account

hman2017
Joining in

Hi, I've recently moved home and need to set up a new account using a new email to the one i had previously, but it keeps saying couldn't create one at this time, please try again later. Are virgin experiencing problems on your end or is it something i am doing wrong

3 REPLIES 3

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @hman2017

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Are you using the same account number as your old one? If so, use the new account number and this should work for you?

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sorry for the late reply, been moving house so its been a bit hectic.

Yes we tried the new account number we were given, along with a new email address (it seems very silly that the address can't be just changed on the account, rather than creating a new account when moving home) but it still didnt work, it keeps saying:

Sorry we are not able to set up your my virgin media account at the moment, please try again later or you can also set up my virgin media account at the time of your broadband installation.

We are just trying to view a breakdown of the broadband bill as it has 

Package changes £30.30 (we haven't changed package!) + Your package £50.50 + Usage Charge £0 + Other Charges and Credit £20

Then theres amount owing from last month CR £31.98

It all seems very confusing

Thanks in advance

Hi hman2017

Thanks for coming back to us.

If you had an online account at your old property and wish to use the same log in details for the new one, then we can do this. It's called a M&T, where we transfer the account from one to the other.

Process is 24 hours. 

I'll PM you to assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill