cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contract update/service change

alanseanwilkes
Tuning in

i called up in Feb to cancel my contract (with no penalty) to avoid Virgins price rises and i had found a better deal with "NOW", retentions called me up a week or so later and offered me a much improved deal (and removed line rental from my package as i never use it anyway). This new deal showed up under "current contracts" on my online account and i received a confirmation email saying "thanks for making those changes" with my new deal on and the line rental removed.  Fast forward to March and the promised new improved deal has not been reflected in my bills and i have in fact been charged more as the price rises have taken effect !. I have phoned customer services several time who just say that the deal i had agreed to and was promised and have the contract for was not "actioned" and  they cannot do me a better deal other than the current deal i have plus the price increase (the very thing i was trying to avoid in the first place)...to add insult to injury....if i want to cancel my contract now it will cost a £220 cancellation fee !.  I was basically conned into accepting a new improved deal to keep my business only to have that deal "no actioned" even though it is clearly listed under my "current contract" tab  

12 REPLIES 12

20220318_184433.jpg

this is almost as infuriating as talking to VM customer services,  i blanked out all personal details.... why was it blocked again ? 

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @alanseanwilkes, thanks for your reply once more with the details requested.

I'm going to take this into PM with you, so I can discuss this in a little bit more detail.

Please expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W