cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contract update/service change

alanseanwilkes
Tuning in

i called up in Feb to cancel my contract (with no penalty) to avoid Virgins price rises and i had found a better deal with "NOW", retentions called me up a week or so later and offered me a much improved deal (and removed line rental from my package as i never use it anyway). This new deal showed up under "current contracts" on my online account and i received a confirmation email saying "thanks for making those changes" with my new deal on and the line rental removed.  Fast forward to March and the promised new improved deal has not been reflected in my bills and i have in fact been charged more as the price rises have taken effect !. I have phoned customer services several time who just say that the deal i had agreed to and was promised and have the contract for was not "actioned" and  they cannot do me a better deal other than the current deal i have plus the price increase (the very thing i was trying to avoid in the first place)...to add insult to injury....if i want to cancel my contract now it will cost a £220 cancellation fee !.  I was basically conned into accepting a new improved deal to keep my business only to have that deal "no actioned" even though it is clearly listed under my "current contract" tab  

12 REPLIES 12

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @alanseanwilkes

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about this!

Do you have the email confirming your contract changes (to the correct package) - Did the team advise any reasoning behind why the package change occurred?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes i have the confirmation email and it shows in my current contract tab on my online account. In my mind the contract was agreed and should be honoured.  The only explanation is that they say " it wasnt actioned"  and theres nothing they can do.  I am pretty sure if it was the other way around they would be quick to point out that a contract is a contract ! 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi alanseanwilkes,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community!

Apologies for all the issues faced, just for clarification, does the confirmation email confirm the agreed price with the said agent?

Any new contracts would take place of the current contract straight away (depending on whether there is a removal of service)

Thanks,

Kain

yes the new price was £16.95   and it says that line rental-talk weekends  was being removed.    It actually says   "   your next bill will be £26.50, followed by £7.82  to account for adjustments,   then my new monthly bundle would be £16.95 for the remainder of the contract. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response regarding this, 

Do you have any screenshots of the agreed price via email?

Thanks,

Kain

Screenshot_20220318-182352_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20220318-182305_Chrome.jpg

hopefully VM will sort this but to be clear your legal right is that VM MUST honour the agreement - not some compromise or near offer - if they fail to do that post back and you will get help on what to do next - it can take a while but you will get what was offered and you can push for compensation for the stress they have caused

and EDIT - your images have been rejected because they show personal info - accounts numbers etc - blank that and post them again

Tony.
Sacked VIP

20220318_183201.jpg

again i think this will be rejected delete the contract number - you have posted same image twice need the one with the price on as well

Tony.
Sacked VIP