cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contract ending soon

Carebear0028
Joining in

Hi my contract is due to renew on the 31st December and will be going up in price which i really cant afford from £55.50 to £72.50. I wondered if you can offer me a cheaper deal, if not i would have to look elsewhere which i really don't want to do as i like virgin media, been with them for years, thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Carebear0028 

Unfortunately you need to contact VM directly as the Forum Team don't have access to enable them to change your package. 

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1,4 and 4 Retentions (thinking of leaving us)  The best time to call is between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Retentions (thinking of leaving us) are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibilty, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Carebear0028 

Unfortunately you need to contact VM directly as the Forum Team don't have access to enable them to change your package. 

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1,4 and 4 Retentions (thinking of leaving us)  The best time to call is between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Retentions (thinking of leaving us) are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibilty, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Forum staff can't advise on or sort out contract renewals.  You can ring the retentions team (though the phone menus until you get to "thinking of leaving") and ask them, but don't get your hopes up.  Best to visit a price comparison web site, find a deal you like order it, and THEN call VM to cancel unless they'll match the deal you have ordered.  If VM won't match the deal, you issue thirty days notice of cancelling and prepare for the new service.  If VM come up with a great offer then you take that and cancel the new service before it is installed.

Worth knowing that if VM won't offer a matching price, then after you've cancelled but before the end of service date they often make outbound calls to customers offering very good deals to stay at the last minute.  But don't rely on that.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Carebear0028.

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

We are unable to do contract renewals from this platform as advised above, I am sorry about that.

Did you manage to call our team to see what we can offer you?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello Hayley I will be contacting them tomorrow thanks again

Do feel free to update the thread and let us know how you get along @Carebear0028.

I'm sure some of our readers will be happy to hear of your update

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

geo1947
On our wavelength

I know you can’t help directly with contract renewals. However I am currently in Australia and  shall not be back before my contract ends on 04/08/22. Consequently phoning is out of the question and emailing them doesn’t seem to work. Can you help ?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi geo1947, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here and we are hope you are enjoying your time in Australia. 

I am very sorry that you are not able to call the team to discuss your contract renewal before the end date. 

To speak to the team, we would recommend dropping them a message on WhatsApp on 07305327112. The message will firstly go through the automated checks to determine which department you need and then you will be passed to an adviser to discuss your package. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Nat

geo1947
On our wavelength

Hi Nat, 

Thanks for getting back to me. I’ve tried to use the number you gave me prefixing it with + 44 and dropping 0 but am getting failed to send messages.

George

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for getting back to us geo1947. 

Can you please confirm if you are sending the message via text or WhatsApp please?

Nat