cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collect kit

smithp1
Joining in

I've received a text asking if you can collect your Virgin Media Kit for me on Monday,

How do i know this isnt a scam

the number the text came from is 07860041003

please confirm this is legitimate before i respond.

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
it can take staff about a week to reply here so you may not get a reply before monday

Well they wont get the kit back before Christmas then/ Thank you for responding but the message just doesnt look right, so i am not chancing it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
if its not returned yo8 may be charged for the equiptment.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi smithp1,

VM techs are picking up equipment in some areas due to covid restrictions. If it's genuine then the tech will have ID to prove they are from VM when they call.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi smithp1

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the delayed reply. I can see from checking the system we have issued your account to a manned collector for the equipment. Please do not worry as well, as newapollo has rightly stated, they'll give you proof of ID

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi VM, I just got the same text. All I think I have is a broken router, would you really waste time and money collecting that? 

Hi @GingerCrone.  Thanks for posting and welcome to our community. 

Have you arranged for a replacement hub to be sent?  If so there's a good chance that we would be taking the time to arrange the return of your previous equipment.

Regards

Lee_R

We had a replacement hub sent two weeks ago as the electric cable on the old one has come loose. You would really collect that?! 

GingerCrone.  If you've received a text message confirming that, then I would take that as the definitive answer.  Especially if the hub being collected is a hub 3 or above.

Regards

Lee_R