Menu
polgee
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

chat transcript disappeared

After a chat session on Virgin Media, I wanted to hold onto the conversation but found that it had disappeared and in its place was a request for feedback. Why do Virgin Media do this? Where can I get a copy of the conversation?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: chat transcript disappeared

Hi polgee, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about this. 

It's strange that it wouldn't allow you to email it to yourself as this option should be there whether or not the feedback request pops up. 

In order to get the Chat history now you will need to request a DSAR via the helpline on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
polgee
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F

I can find no option to choose from that is appropriate for requesting a DSAR on either of the phone numbers that you gave me. Would you please let me know which option to choose on both of those phone numbers? Also, is there any way that you can display a screenshot of the feedback pane here on this forum so that I can see the option for getting emailed? It would be handy to have this for future reference. Alternatively could you email me the screenshot if I let you have my email address?

Many thanks
polgee

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

doubt the forum staff would be able to supply this on the grounds of security, as for the option not on phone system its a rare thing to request so need to keep the automated system limited options, could choose option change account/service or what ever the chat was about.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
polgee
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi paultechy

Thanks for your reply

I'm sorry, I cannot understand your answer. Please let me know what this phrase means "doubt the forum staff would be able to supply this on the grounds of security. What are you referring to? Regarding the telephone options, Virgin Media could always say on their recorded message "If none of these options are applicable then please wait to speak to an assistant." Would you not agree?
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

well if the chat contains account numbers, personal details etc, since the forum staff don't know your the account holder etc

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
polgee
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi paultechy

Thanks for your further reply

I am afraid that you have misread what I had asked for.      I had ask to see, not the conversation, which has been completely removed, but the request for a feedback pane, in order that I can see where the request for an email of the transcript can be selected.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi polgee, 

I'm afraid I can't since we use a different system to answer the chats so what I see won't be what you see. 

There is no specific option you need. Just follow the options for chatting to us about your bill or something like that 🙂 

When you get through to the adviser, say you want to request a DSAR for online chat history and the team can get this processed for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
polgee
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F
Today I dialed 150 and spoke to Amy. Apparently she was not familiar with DSAR, so I explained that it was a transcript of a chat conversation. She said that she would have to get the manager, Brian to speak to me. He said that he was unable to give me any DSAR because these were Virgin Media's records . Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help so far

polgee

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi polgee, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

A DSAR isn't specifically only for webchats. It can be used to get all the information Virgin Media hold on you so I'm wondering if they got a little bit confused. 

Call again and go through to the team following the options for leaving us. They will 100% know what it is and will be able to raise it for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos