cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change of package

donnyrover1
Joining in

i changed my pabkage yesterday, including broadband speed going from 125 to 250 , which would take one hour , i was told.

nothing seems to have happened , apart from an email confirming this , 

on my home page it is still the old package . therefore has my pachage changed or not?

12 REPLIES 12

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @donnyrover1 

Have you tried rebooting the hub?

You should also check the router stats by going to 192.168.0.1 and clicking on "Check router status"

Then click on the Configuration tab and check the value shown next to Primary Downstream Service Flow > Max Traffic Rate

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

right thanks , i rebooted the hub yesterday , so will try the other options.

Hi donnyrover1,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for your first post. 

How are your speeds now? If you have any concerns about whether your new speeds have been added to your package, you can check your online account here

Do let us know if you still need help 🙂

Beth

checking virgin media speedtest on my computer . without any other streaming going on,

at the time i write i get 68 to 75 average speeds

Hi Donnyrover1, 

Thanks for coming back to us about your slow speeds after your upgrade, I am sorry you're not seeing the speeds you expected! 

Can I ask what kind of connection you're using to run the speed test on please? WIFI or wired? 

Could you also pop onto your Online Account to see if your package has been updated to show the speed increase? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

did the speedtest on a wired connection. my compuer has an ethernet cable to my hub.. at the time no wifi streaming was been used.

Thanks for your reply, this certainly is a strange one 🤔 We do advise package changes can take anything up to 24 hours to fully complete. As the 24 hours have now passed can you please try a reboot of your hub again then run another speed test both wired and wireless to see if this has now been corrected?

If this is still not showing the expected speeds, please us know so we can assist further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

having rebooted my bub again just now, the highest speed i am getting is 93 , that is just using the computer and no wifi streaming been used at this minute.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @donnyrover1 

Have you checked the max Traffic rate on your hub as per my previous post? If so what is it showing?

Go to 192.168.0.1 and click on "Check router status" Then click on the Configuration tab and check the value shown next to Primary Downstream Service Flow > Max Traffic Rate

Have you tried a different ethernet cable or different ethernet port?

The slow speed may also be due to the internet card and/or settings in your PC.

See <<< this post >>>  for how to check and change that if necessary. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali