cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant create account

Peengy
Dialled in

Hello, I can not create an account with you as my username (my email address) is not available. I've called your help line twice and been "cut off" both times. They did say it was because I was previously a customer. Can you help please?

85 REPLIES 85

Hiya Hazel,

Thanks for your support, in fact I have raised a complaint with CISAS which is awaiting adjudication. I strongly suspect this is why the I.T. ticket has been marked as "Fixed" and the complaint closed even though they have not sorted problem (they never even once mentioned they thought the issue was fixed when they called to say they were closing the complaint). I will be exceedingly irritated if this turns out to be the case.

I did indeed leave Sky for Virgin but I have not heard anything from them. I might need to check my marketing choices with them haha.

All the best,

Adam

Hayze
On our wavelength

Hi Adam

I am sure that VM are at least breaching part of the contract you agreed to pay for. They do however make it difficult to escalate a complaint outwith VM e.g. they don't allow you to complain via Resolver. I wonder why?? 🙄

I always get inundated with really good offers from Sky after I've left them, I only ever opt in to marketing by email or post.

This is certainly not a unique problem with VM regards being unable to log into your own account, a quick search on here will prove that.

Keep us posted and I really hope you get this sorted soon and some appropriate compensation for your inconvenience, stress, and time spent constantly trying to get this matter resolved.

Keep us posted.

Regards

Hazel

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am very sorry to hear this @Peengy, I appreciate this is super frustrating and we apologise. 

The ticket is still assigned to the team who are working on this for you currently. 

As soon as we have an update we'll pop another post on this thread. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello,

Just to update everyone, I received a message this morning informing me that the issue has finally been resolved and I have checked to confirm it is indeed fixed. I have no idea why this has taken so long to sort out but I am extremely glad this has been sorted and is something I no longer need to chase up. I would like to thank everyone that helped to get this fixed and I would especially give huge thanks to Hazel for giving me advice and encouragement when I needed it.

Regards,

Adam

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yayyyyyy,

Thanks for the update. You have the patience of a Saint.

happydance.gif

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hayze
On our wavelength

Great news Adam!

Hopefully this thread will encourage others who are having the same problem to persevere when Virgin Media are telling them that it cannot be done.

Ridiculous that it has taken this length of time to resolve and I hope you get compensation for the inconvenience, time and stress that this has caused you. I got nothing!

Glad you've finally got this sorted.

Happy Days!😀

Hazel