cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant create account

Peengy
Dialled in

Hello, I can not create an account with you as my username (my email address) is not available. I've called your help line twice and been "cut off" both times. They did say it was because I was previously a customer. Can you help please?

85 REPLIES 85

Hi Serena,

Yes I got a complaint number from yourself when you raised the complaint for me.

Unfortunately I can not check on the status of the complaint because when I click on the link you provided it asks me to sign into my account and I can't do that as my issue is I can not create an account with my email.

Can you possibly update me if anything is happening with the complaint please?

Regards,

Adam

Hiya Hayze,

Thanks very much for your reply. I'm so sorry to hear you've had to go through all this too and I'm glad yours has been sorted.

It helps to hear that this situation is possible to fix and that at least some people at Virgin recognise how insane an issue this is. I've heard if nothing like this anywhere else.

Normally if an email address is already in use at a company you can use the forgotten password button and if your previous account is closed you can just use the email to set up a new account.

Thanks again for letting me know about your situation as I now know this isn't a one off problem.

There is no way I want to go through this again if I leave Virgin again.

Regards,

Adam

Hayze
On our wavelength

Hi Adam

If it's any help the manager created another "ticket" for me as we were clearly getting nowhere with the one that had already been raised. Her name was Katie and she's on this forum.

Hope you get it sorted quickly.

Regards

Hazel

Hi  Hazel,

Thanks very much for that info. I don't know how to get in touch with a manager. I have had this issue escalated and raised a complaint, yet heard nothing back from either of these processes. The staff who I have talked to have not been able to offer anything else in the way of options for resolving this despite me asking on a weekly basis.

I would love the ability to speak to a manager to describe in detail the issues. I did ask for the email address of the head of customer service but for some reason the Virgin staff seem reluctant to give it to me. I do search for it online from time to time though.

Regards,

Adam

Hayze
On our wavelength

Hi Adam

I asked on this forum via the agent who was "dealing" with it via private message (as there seems to be no other way to get anything done on VM) for my complaint to be escalated to a manager after the agent failed to do what he said he would. He was very reluctant and it took a lot of persuading but I insisted. It took a few days but someone else called Katie who said she was his supervisor contacted me via this forum. Again, it took a bit of chasing up.

Insist that your complaint be escalated to a manager.

Best of luck

Hazel

Hi Hazel,

Thank you for that. My case has apparently already been escalated but I saw nothing come of that whatsoever.

I'll ask if this can get escalated to a manager and see how that goes.

Thanks again and take care,

Adam

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Peengy

First I would like to apologise for how long this issue is taking to resolve, I am truly sorry for the frustration caused.

I have escalated the IT ticket and will keep you informed as soon as I have an update.

Thank you for your patience,

Serena

Hi Serena,

Thanks for your reply and your kind words and help.

Thank you for escalating this again. Hopefully something happens soon as I really could do with this saga being over.

Are you able to update me on the progress of the complaint please?

Regards,

Adam

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Adam,

The IT support team have been made aware that the issue has been escalated further, so we should start to see some more progress on this very soon. I am so sorry for how long this is taking.

Your complaint is still open and was last updated mid July, there have been no further updates since then but I will continue to monitor it and will keep your posted on the situation as soon as I have more information.

Kind regards,

Serena

Hi Serena,

Thanks for the update. It helps to get information about what's happening as its nice to know this isn't being forgotten about.

Regards,

Adam