cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelling virgin media problems

2cattie
Joining in

I appreciate that there are problems with the corona virus hitting call centers, but after loosing my job through the knock on affect of the virus and being an agency worker in the north east. I have no income coming in and everything is getting stopped or cut back untill work can be found again{god knows when}

Been trying for 3 days, everytime you are put on hold for 30 mins then cut off, one day i tried it 7 times...every time the same. Come on virgin, in these uncertain times you have to arrange another method for people to contact you.

I will give it one more day to try and if still no luck i will have no option but to cancel my direct debit through my online banking...i bet they are quick enough to respond when the payment is not processed.....very annoyed.

11 REPLIES 11

MrCheese
Just browsing

hi,

same here, my contract is ending, I refuse to pay the out of contract price, i have tried 4 times ringing and cut off each time at 30 mins, you go around in circles on their website as there's no way of cancelling online, I've sent a complaint via the virgin website and stated that this was a notice of cancellation, whether there's any legal ground I don't know but it was the only thing I can do, outrageous that they have not made online cancellations available, especially as the government has forced mobile phone operators to simplify cancelling contracts, they need to force TV/Broadband operators too!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Best time to call is 08.00-09.00.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tambo17
Tuning in

Having same issue Virgin just cut me off after 1 hour on phone 3 times and more frustrating can’t cancel contract online they have designed web page very smartly so no option to actually leave you have to call 

On our wavelength

Hi - Been with VM for years now - but first time on forum as not really into all these chatter boards, but decided i must mention this  - all you guys are all having problems with cancelling VM  via Phone, getting cut off etc, passed a round from one guy to another etc etc etc

Well I have also been trying to cancel my VM been out of contract for ages and ages, cannot remember what year i started with VM - Have M100 and it will be up to £53 per month from March, Got to say no real issues with the Broadband Service - apart from a few glitches when they have been working at the Cabinet or a JCB has gone through a cable 

anyway my point is i am Now Deaf due to an accident a while back - so i now no longer need a phone line as part of any package - I am unable to contact virgin on 150 etc etc,  Tried Messanger service and chat total waste of time - finally found the text service, waited all day for response nothing, next morning i got reply from them, to confirm my Name and that i was account holder - sent text back ---- Then Nothing again, so totally peeved off,  There is no other way for me to contact VM Online via e-mail, Surely in these days of digital services i should be able to log into my virgin account and just cancel down from there

Really depressing as its bad enough just trying to communicate as is - without this -  for the sake to cancel a phone line and take out a new contract with them, Had enough so have sent complaint by ( signed for Post ) to local accounts office in my Area 22 -  Complaints, Virgin Media,Sunderland, SA43 4AA and gave 30 days to cancel

I beleive there are customer services offices all round country - you just need to find your Local VM and Post In your Cancellation  

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The address you should write to for cancellation is the one shown in your contract.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

On our wavelength
Not if you dont have a contract ????????????
been out of contract before 2018, No contract details available to view from VM

advised to contact my local Area Billing Accounts Office

On our wavelength
As per my VM Account

" Unfortunately we don't have a digital copy of your current contract "
This may be because your contract dates back to before 2018 or you requested paper.
You can read your Terms and Conditions here.

it says in the Terms and Conditions Section N 1.2 where to send your letter you can read it here https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

Its

2. writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

No longer in a contract just a rolling 30 day for last year or so but can’t even find anywhere to write to and they are saying upto 8 weeks for a letter reply company is a joke but sure cancelled direct debit will get them to respond