cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelling broadband? tried everything!

ivesserena
Just joined

How can I cancel my broadband?! The help pages says the only way to cancel is to call or send a letter but I've been calling for the past month and each time I've been put on hold for up to 45 minutes and been cut off. I also sent a letter on June 27th asking to cancel when my minimum fixed-term ends on September 16th and have not received any acknowledgement of the letter. Have also tried the whatsapp chat but it hasn't connected me to an agent. Also can't find an email address to contact Virgin Media. I feel like it has been made purposefully difficult to cancel and am very concerned because the price of my subscription goes up significantly after September 16th, and I am moving out of the country so worried I will not receive the return package on time to return the equipment and get my deposit back. 

3 REPLIES 3

Cueball99
Well-informed

Call at 8am, got through to retentions in about 4 minutes last week.

Oh, and you don't pay deposits for equipment, so don't expect to get anything back.

Vincetimmins
Dialled in

This just seems to be a recurring problem, it must be common practice to try and **bleep** you of so you give up and stay, it’s happening far to much for this once great company 😥

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @ivesserna, and thanks for your post on our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulty requesting a cancellation of the services.

I would concur with the post by @Cueball99 and advise that calling close to our opening time of 8am, would be a sure-fire way of combatting the longer call queues that can develop, when trying to speak to our Retentions team, later on in the day.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn