cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelling a broadband upgrade

foxyg
Tuning in

On 11 June 2022, I received an upgrade offer from Virgin Media which would increase my M500 package to 1Gig, for an additional £15.05 per month.  I presently pay £36 per month for the M500 package, so this seemed a good deal. After I had agreed, online, to the upgrade, I received a further email informing me that my monthly cost would be £77.05 per month and that my next bill would be for a total of £120.84!

I immediately tried to contact Virgin Media on 13 June 2022 but spent hours being put on hold, redirected and eventually had to use the Chat app and then WhatsApp to get contact with an agent.  I have retained the transcript of the 'chat', the final agreement of that conversation was that I was cancelling the upgrade, as was my right under the 14 day cooling off period, and my M500 package would be resumed at the original price of £36 per month. However, I have now received another email from Virgin Media informing me that my monthly price for M500 is to be £62 in future. It also restates that a bill of £120.84 will be due next month.

I am losing all faith in Virgin Media and haven't got the energy to keep sitting on either the phone or chat app for hours to find that what I've agreed with an agent isn't implemented.  Can anyone suggest a solution?  Thanks, in anticipation.

5 REPLIES 5

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @foxyg,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you have been having ongoing issues with your package and billing. We can understand the frustration caused and we want to best help. Just to confirm, have you checked you my VM account to verify the changes made? Have you also received any further correspondence from our team regarding the cancellation of your upgrade? 

Please get back in contact with us when you can and we will do our best to help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua_A,,

Have checked my VM account and it's still showing as 1Gig Fibre Broadband. I have copies of the correspondence received yesterday, after I spoke to CS agent, Krithika.  The correspondence still shows a monthly charge of £77.05, plus a pending charge of £120.89.

Just as additional information, my 'normal, pre upgrade payment' of £36 is showing on my bank account, as being taken tomorrow on my normal debit date.

I really hope you can help me with this mess!

Thanks,

foxyg

Hi,

I've just rechecked and pasted below the confusing detail on the latest communication;

Quick recap of what you now enjoy:

Your new package now includes:

Broadband: Gig1 Fibre Broadband

We've removed:

Broadband: M500 Fibre Broadband - Gig1 Fibre Broadband

Here's how your changes take effect:

Service changes were made to your account on 14th July 2022

These changes will take effect* from 14th July 2022

Your next bill will be £120.84 and will be created as normal on 23rd June 2022

The following bill will be £46.95 and include all credits and adjustments based on when the changes took effect, this is due 25th July 2022

Your new monthly bundle cost thereafter is: £62.00.

end of pasted content

My resumed monthly charge should be £36,  I'm totally confused by this!

Thank you for your response @foxyg.

In this case, I will send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

No problem at all @foxyg.

I am glad to have been able to rectify this issue for you. I can confirm your complaint has been closed.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team