changed provider and taking telephone number with me.
at this point had not terminated contract with virgin as needed to be operational for phone number transfer.
1. Received a call from retention's team ( not Scotland) in February to confirm change and number being transferred for 28/03/2019
lady in retention's advised she would e mail me so that I could formally terminate contract.
2. My e mail service went down. advised it would take 5 working days for technical department to contact me. contact was made and email operational 03/03/2019
all mail sent over that period lost.therefore no incoming e mails ,advised that they would all stay 'lost' I asked if an email could be sent by virgin to retention's stating that. and hopefully get a resend.
3. eventually I spoke to retention's Scotland office 08/03/2019 and formally gave 30 days termination notice , was advised this would bring me to 08/04/2019. As my billing period was 28/03 to 27/04 I knew I would be in credit. Happy with that. received sorry to see you go and disconnection e mail dated 08/03/2019. the e mail does not set out what services are being cancelled!! so general e mail?
4. On 24/03/2019 received e mail from virgin saying thanks for making those changes, 'no need to sign new contract'
stating removed phone line etc and changed tv package to tv mix and you new charges will be..£ ...saying contract generated 28/02/2019 and starts 05/04/2019
I immediately phoned virgin to query not to worry its computer generated but I will make a note of the above! phew!! thank you I confirmed that my change over date and termination of contract was 08/04/2019
on 28/03/2019 commenced with new provider .
5. my account page now has been amended showing tv , digital e mail , tivo box and broadband and the contract page which had shown an earlier contract commencing 2016!! now shows this new contract!! and accepted shown under the contract signed logo!! billing will commence April with payment in May.
I had a chat conversation with Rimi in accounts who said I need to speak to retention's as she could not help me with my account page and its contents. I asked if she could contact them on my behalf.....
I am unable to contact retention's have tried the 034... number and waited and waited to no avail
can you please contact me as this is now becoming beyond stressful
further to my original post on the forum 13th April, regarding cancellation of service which was to cease on the 8th April.
Martin_N responded and looked at my account to find it was still active!!
Martin deactivated the account and backdated it to the cease date.
He e mailed another disconnection notice to me.
My account now shows a credit of almost £40 which I should receive 'sometime' by cheque.
He arranged for the box to be sent for return of equipment which arrived 19th April ,I have received and e mail today 27th.April stating the items Tivo box and broadband router have been received.
I had in good faith followed the steps of termination myself in early March, received a termination e mail [which Martin advised had been for part of my service] I phoned and requested a returns box, I queried the new contract that had appeared on my contracts page, I queried the email advising payment but for whatever reasons, and despite several phone calls received assurances from Virgin Media, that everything was in order, nothing to worry about a note would be put on my account and the contract would cease as requested.This was confirmed to me several times!
My last resort was to post on the open forum .
After Martin_N intervened things ran like clockwork,