Menu
ctb
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

cancelled service then get new contract!

HELP!!

Virgin Team

changed provider and taking telephone number with me. 

at this point had not terminated contract  with virgin as  needed to be operational for phone number transfer.

1. Received a call from retention's team ( not Scotland) in February to confirm change and number being transferred for 28/03/2019

lady in retention's advised she would e mail me so that I could formally terminate contract.

2. My e mail service went down. advised it would take 5 working days for technical department to contact me. contact was made  and email  operational  03/03/2019

all mail sent over that period  lost.therefore no incoming  e mails  ,advised that they would all stay 'lost' I asked if an email could be sent by virgin to retention's stating that. and hopefully get a resend.

3. eventually I spoke  to retention's Scotland office  08/03/2019 and formally gave 30 days termination  notice , was advised this would bring me to 08/04/2019. As my billing period was 28/03 to 27/04  I knew I would be in credit. Happy with that. received  sorry to see you go and disconnection e mail  dated 08/03/2019. the e mail  does not set out what services are being cancelled!!  so general e mail?

4. On 24/03/2019 received e mail from virgin saying thanks for making those  changes, 'no need to sign new contract'

stating removed phone line etc and changed tv package to tv mix and you new charges will be..£  ...saying contract generated 28/02/2019 and starts 05/04/2019

I immediately phoned virgin to query  not to worry its computer generated but I will make a note of the above! phew!! thank you  I confirmed that my change over date and termination of contract was 08/04/2019

on 28/03/2019 commenced with new provider .

5. my account  page now has been amended showing tv , digital e mail , tivo box and broadband and the contract page which had shown an earlier contract commencing 2016!! now shows  this new contract!! and accepted shown under the contract signed logo!! billing will commence April with payment in May.

I had a chat conversation with Rimi in accounts who said I need to speak to retention's as she could not help me with my account page and its contents. I asked if she could contact them on my behalf.....

I am unable to contact retention's  have tried the 034... number and waited and waited  to no avail 

can you please contact me as this is now becoming beyond stressful

thank you 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: cancelled service then get new contract!

Hi ctb,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear this. 

I will private message you to get some details to look into this.

^Martin

ctb
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hurrah!!!

update!!

Martin-N messaged me 

He has deactivated the account  so 'my  account package' page  is now empty. cannot see summary pages at present  updating?

Thank you  again Martin ,   

your help on this is really appreciated

0 Kudos
ctb
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

further to my original post on the forum  13th April, regarding cancellation of service which was to cease on the 8th April.

Martin_N responded and looked at my account to find it was still active!! 

Martin deactivated the account and backdated it to the cease date.

He e mailed another disconnection notice to me.

My account now shows a credit of almost £40 which I should receive 'sometime' by cheque.

He arranged for the box to be sent for return of equipment which arrived 19th April ,I have received and e mail today 27th.April stating the items  Tivo box and broadband router have been received.

I had in good faith followed the steps of termination myself in early March, received a termination e mail [which Martin advised had been for part of my service] I phoned and  requested a returns box, I queried the new contract that had appeared on my contracts page, I queried the email advising payment but for whatever reasons, and despite several phone calls received  assurances from Virgin Media, that  everything was in order, nothing to worry about a note would be put on my account and the contract would cease as requested.This was confirmed to me several times!

My last resort was to post on the open forum .

After Martin_N intervened things ran like clockwork,

the way it should have been!

Thanks Martin

Kind regards

a former VM customer

0 Kudos