cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelled install complete mess around.

Branwell1
Joining in

As previously mentioned I arranged for Virgin services to be installed all seemed to be fine, received the sim card and have had the direct debit taken out of my account. Install was due to take place today, then out of the blue, yesterday, it was cancelled.

I was told it was to be passed to the fraud investigation team. This is is very worrying. I spoke to someone on the phone today who couldn't help, he could give me no reason why the install had been cancelled or why I had not been informed of the cancellation.

Today after speaking to someone I received an email to say I had cancelled the order which I did not. So I am now stuck with no install, a sim card I have paid for and seemingly no help at all from Virgin Media. The only thing that I can think of is my ex husband left me with unpaid bills and this may be the issue, but it looks like I am now being penalised for someone who is no longer here. I seem to being accused of fraud.

This is incredibly worrying and to be told I cancelled the order which I simply did not do. Surely these checks should have been made at the beginning and some sort of communication between myself and the company before assumptions were made?

I feel incredibly let down and very upset by this treatment, being investigated for fraud with no explanation or even any communication form them. It is a very distressing situation. The email saying I have cancelled when I have not makes it look as if I have done something incorrect. I was told I would get a call back to explain everything and see if the installation could go ahead but now they said I cancelled I don't see that happening and I am left hanging so to speak, any advice would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Branwell1,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We do apologise for any inconvenience caused due to this matter.

Our fraud team will have their reasons why we have cancelled the installation, as this action is not taken lightly.

I will pop you over a private message so I can take a look at the account for you and inform you of what to do next. 

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.