cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelled contract but still being charged

luvmytech
On our wavelength

I cancelled my contract ( broadband and landline)  by the phone at the end of April 2021. 

I've received a bill stating money will be taken out of my bank account by direct debit as usual at the end of May 2021 ( ie in a few days). 

is this normal and I will be reimbursed or should I cancel the direct debit? 

also when I eventually got through to cancel the guy said no need to send back the router ( I've had it a few years, not sure which model it is), but I've heard that people get endless demands to send back their equipment? 

thanks for any advice

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Don't cancel the direct debit under any circumstances until VM have properly processed a cancellation, and then leave it a month or two.  If there's a "bounced" DD request, then it will appear on your credit history as a default under a credit agreement, and although that can be corrected if it is a company error, it's often a huge amount of hassle getting the faceless bureaucracy of VM to sort out things like that.

In terms of getting this sorted, the forum staff can advise on that.  Any problems, come back here and we can suggest further options.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi luvmytech, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry for any issues with your cancellation request. Due to the way we bill it's not unusual to receive a final bill after disconnection - however it wouldn't usually be your normal monthly amount, so I'd definitely like to take a look and clear things up. Please look out for my PM (the purple envelope) and I'll be able to help further from there.

Tom