Menu
jacee006
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

cancel tv package

I was wondering why can't virgin staff tell me how much my broadband and phone would be without the tv as I am thinking of moving to sky as I can get movies and sports channels for 69 pound a month, and with virgin it would cost over 130 even though I have been with virgin for at least 8 years. What a moody woman also on the phone. Couldn't understand her as the had a very strong Indian accent and did not want to help out at all.

0 Kudos
disgruntled114
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: cancel tv package

That what they obviously feel about their loyal customers. I called 0345 454 1111 and selected  option 1 - 4 - 5 and got them to remove the tv package. i took me over an hour what with waiting to speak to someone then being put on hold by them. they tried the hard sell but i finally got them to remove the tv package. good luck and stick to your guns

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jacee006, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you've not had much luck getting a straight answer. In order to get the answer you would need to give the team another call. Call 150 / 0345 454 1111 and follow the options for leaving us. This will get you through to the team who can remove the TV and give you a new price for the package. 

Come back and let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
fizz
Up to speed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm going to be leaving to go to sky as I can get all I want for TV cheaper than Virgin too... retentions were useless putting a retention deal to gether to stay with virgin at 37 pounds a month MORE than sky for my whole package... If I stay broadband and telephone I save over £20 a month even after the deals for sky expire... I cannot see virgin keeping my tv business for much longer and with the loss of channels (btw I got a big push on apps and the internet to watch these now removed channels) I am going to sky sooner rather than later..

0 Kudos
geoff154
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It’s all well and good advising of making another call. You cannot get through!!!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Toodles
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

On the phone for over an hour today to get the TV Cut Off - dreadful service.

You can see that VM really doesn't care when you get such poor service.

Frankly I'll be glad to be gone - the UK TV mess was the final straw and showed me that More from Virgin Media means Less...

I cancelled today and have already got my Freeview PVR  (netflix and amazon video takes care of the rest). I'll trouser the remain 40 quid a month knowing finally I'm getting something out of the deal..

Good luck getting hold of them..

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your posts and apologies about the wait times. 
The teams have been a little busier than usual however they are working as hard as they can to get to you. 
Try giving them a call during the day as wait times seem to be lower Smiley Happy
Let us know how you get on. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos