cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancel a fraudlent order

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi i signed up for virgin media but was told i owed money on a previos adrress id never lived at , so the order got cancelled then randomly a virgin media guy came to my house, he told me to use any other name and phone number to get the install , im autistic so dont always think properly and i agreed so we used a made up a name and a made up phone number,i got all the emails with the account number and confirmation off order and the date of installation , i dont feel comfertable with this at all and would like it cancelled as the name on the account is not my real details, after already having to ring virgins customer service about the previos order i really cannot go thru that stress again as its the most stressfull phone calls ive ever had to make , i cannot mentally cope with your customer service phone lines and please do no send anyone to my home , im going to stay with sky as there internet maybe not as fast as yours but there customer service is worlds better ,

5 REPLIES 5

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your new set up account and that you're wanting to cancel this.

I can see that you've been speaking to our colleague via Private Message earlier this week. My colleague explained the situation in detail in their last message, so please take a look over that again as everything is listed  there.

I hope this helps explain the situation you're in.

Let us know if you need any further help or assistance with this. We're here if you need us.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

05hudsond:  Can I suggest you contact Citizens Advice?  Taking what you say at face value you've been exploited by a VM field sales agent, taking advantage of your condition for personal gain, and that agent has solicited/undertaken an act of fraud that breaches so many UK regulations and laws that it is quite breathtaking.  This is hugely serious, and although you may be uncomfortable raising it with Citizens Advice, they should listen sympathetically, and explain the situation to you and what should now happen.

Do not rely on Virgin Media to resolve this completely for you, please, please speak to Citizens Advice.

Anonymous
Not applicable

nobody has replied on private chat  , and if i dont get an email saying the order is cancelled in the next 3 working days ill be going citizeons advice and looking what sort of legal help i can get, this is the most corrupt  buisness i have ever come across , the customer service is shocking  and they make it so hard for you to just cancel stuff 

Hi @Anonymous, thanks for the message on the forums.

I've had a look and I can see my colleague Molly has replied to you, and since then no response was given.
Please respond to her message and you can go on from there.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Anonymous
Not applicable

molly replied on the 4th about a different matter , i have sent her the account number and fake name on the order  but shes not replied can you please make sure she does something about this or im taking action my self , i am not ringing up due to it being far to stressfull , i have told you that a virgin media person came to my home un announced and told me to use a fake name to order broadband , i have also messaged you the account number and telling you to close this  , next step is to go to citizeons advice and look in to taking legal action, ill also be seeking compensation due to the stress and fraud off your company. you have untill the 11/01/2023 to send me proof this order is cancelled after that im going the legal route