cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't log in to virgin media account

BridgeRoad
Tuning in

Hello

Very frustrating - for months now I cannot log into my virgin media account. It always says wrong user name and / or password. I know I am using the correct ones and I've even tried changing my password but it won't accept my personal information either. 

What is the problem? 

How can I access my account?

I've tried phoning your support line, even before the pandemic, and they couldn't answer the problem.

Please help. 

252 REPLIES 252

Hello 

No we have not moved address. We have never been able to log into the account. 

Try to log in, follow forgotten user name/forgotten passwords, get this message:

We've found your My Virgin Media account, but your old username is no longer valid because you don't have a Virgin Media Mail address anymore. Click 'Continue' to check we've got the correct details for you and to choose a new username.

Try to set up a new username with a virginmedia mail address then get this message :

Sorry!

We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account at the time of your broadband installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @MatNeil3,

I am sorry that this is not working for you.

We do have our IT team looking into an issue with MYVM Logins, we are working hard to make sure this is fixed for everyone asap.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Pity as I have been waiting since July last year and then made a complaint.  Someone rang me 6th of May finally and said someone would ring me back 24 hours later still waiting!  Shocking service and been with you 20 years.

how much would it be to leave your contract although I think it should be free!!

Hello Littlevicdon

Sorry to hear this 

Can I please ask what the complaint was regarding 

I can see you have had a faulty in the past with resetting passwords 

Gareth_L

I am still waiting for someone to sort it for me.  Someone rang me on the 6th of May to try to do this and said IT need to reset my passwords and I said how long I had been waiting and she told me someone would ring me within 24 hours.  I am still waiting.  Shocking service when been with you for 20 years.

Hey @Littlevicdon,

I can take a look into this for you but we would need to pass account security and get this looked into correctly.

I will send over a private message in a moment, so that we can get started looking at this for you.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi there, I am unable to login on myvirginmedia, can not reset password, and username.

Hi johnnyli,

Welcome to the Community Forums! I'm sorry to hear you're also having the same issues with your My Virgin Media account.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can do my best to help.

Beth

Beth

paintgirl
On our wavelength
Hello I'm seeing anyone unable to login to account posting here, so if I may add that I also cannot login to account. There have been many issues over the years with this, so I rarely try. On previously contacting VM I had been told to use one of two old ntlworld emails, which at that time worked (2 years ago?). Can't get account number as can't login, but recall am in area 30, and have the 2 ntlworld email addresses/password/home address by which account can be identified. Have tried two browsers; both same 'check email' message. Would much appreciate advice.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @paintgirl,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing a similar issue!

I was not able to locate your account through your Forum details, so I will send you a Private Message to discuss this issue further.

Please keep an eye for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs