Menu
dcaulton
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

bill increase

been with virgin media for more than 10 years.why do new customers get a discount and the loyal customers get naf all........ps my bills going up AGAIN .. if a cancel my contract will i get a better deal when i renew it.and if so why can you not give me the better deal now...SAVING paper work and time.

hibby7062
Settling in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: bill increase

If it makes you feel any better, ive been with them for circa 8 months and have a price increase too (once offer ends).  Add the wifi issues with the hub to the increase and its came at a good time as i can now get out of the contract early and head to pastures old ! 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

you have to leave for 3 months before you can get a new customer deal.
This is the way the government encourage ISP to work. New customers get a discount and then after pay the going rate (you would have had a discount when joining)

Most ISP do not make money the first year during the new customer discount but this works for them as most people can't be bothered to switch at the end of each contract

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Jomodu
Up to speed
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Except when you have been a loyal customer for the past 20 years and joined when new customer discounts didn’t exist. That is when you get shafted. I agree with concept of openness as per OffCom .

Blackthron
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have same problem 😞 My contract expired long ago, but I've stayed with them. I have top broadband pack. Currently, I pay 51. I will pay 53.5 from September. But new customers get it for 45 for the first year on a 1-year contract!? I contacted them on a phone and all they had to offer was to wave that 3.5 increase for 6 month...
Now, when I see I am not the only one, I just have to cancel my contract and ask my brother to become a new costumer. Even if I have to pay 35 pounds installation fee, I am still saving! 
I really hope that one day Virgin will treat loyal customers better.

Jomodu
Up to speed
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

At least the new customer price is constant for all newcomers. I hate the inconsistency in negotiating a new contract each year knowing that what price you are offered depends on who you talk to,  what mood they are in on the day and how good you are at negotiating/threatening to leave.

i just wish VM would offer a standard discount for continuing customers and stick to it for everyone.

daveeb
Dialled in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Spot on Jomodu. It's a game we have to play every year. I've had cable services since around 1995 and if i'd just accepted every price rise without question I'd be paying a crazy amount by now. I ring up and usually get a very modest discount applied but i'm still paying way over the odds. As soon as Gigafast arrives in my area (soon apparently) I think i'll be off.

Cheule
Up to speed
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've just renegotiated for this year. I was offered 50p off per month.

Vivid 350 - Superhub 3 modem mode --> RT-AC3200
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

'i just wish VM would offer a standard discount for continuing customers and stick to it for everyone'

it won't happen. profits for sky, virgin and bt would take a nosedive.

one of the above offer a vip service for longterm customers, but as i have stated before on here, it isn't discounts but instead draws to win bananarama tickets in birmingham or dedicate lines for complaints.

the vision that customers will get 10, 20,30 per cent discounts for being with a company for 5, 10, 20 years is never happening. it would be business suicide.
0 Kudos