Menu
elvedhel
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

bill increase and zero customer loyalty

so my virgin bill has been the same price for the past year yet this month the bill comes through and it has gone up. im on 350mb fibre, weekend only home calls and full house tv and its now £91.50.

yet a new customer can get 500mb fibre, 2 TiVo boxes, anytime calls and full house plus sky movies and sky sports as well as 4g unlimited  sim card for £89.

so I call up to see what they can do and see if they can offer me either a discount or switch bundle. 

I also explained I have a 99 month gift discount of £6  and they instantly denied any such thing existed and pretty much accused me of lying.. demanded to speak to a manager who then accused me of the same thing saying they do not offer any such discounts and they can offer me no incentives... despite being with virgin more than 12 years 

disgraceful attitude and behaviour . as for the 99 month discount . heres the proof taken direct from my monthly bill... clear as day in black and white.... so why is it virgin think they treat loyal customers like crap and fob them off yet they are unable to match or offer these new packages to existing customers.. maybe someone from virgin who actually knows a little about customer service can enlighten me and actually give me a reason to keep paying you £180 a month ( 3 mobile phones as well ) . im not asking you to halve my bill but do expect a fair package. OH and can also someone from VM contact me about getting a signal booster which i know are free and offered by VM as upstairs in our property the wifi is pretty much non existent and drops out continously even on 2.4ghz

discount.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: bill increase and zero customer loyalty

The £6 off was to do with SamKnows and was removed some time ago now as Virgin Media removed many on the panel.

0 Kudos
elvedhel
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

yes I know it was for samknows yet mine is still active as you can see on the bill and the router is still recording data. certainly the samknows section of the forum is pretty much dead now  not that they sent any email to say it was over but the discount was still being applied to my account.. that doesn't change the fatct thet virgin increased my bill after removing a 12 month package discount ( as that package is no longer being offered ) yet refuse to even budge a penny on my current package or offer me one of the newer packages.

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

People have this need to be the same as new customers, remember when you were a new customer and got a deal that was better than other customers who had been there for a long time?

And the new customers will end up being the same after their introductory period.

Majide!
dante01
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

AS already said, you cannot realistically expect Virgin Media to give you the same or similar level of discount as they are awarding new customers. You yourself more than likely initially had such a deal for your first 12 months with Virgin or the companys that preceeded it? You should however be able to renegotiate a new deal for the services you have after any existing discounts have elapsed. Note that you'll have little if anything to bargain with if still contractually obligated to Virgin Media and this is why it is suggested that renegotiation take place when a contract expires or if you receiver notification of a price increase mid contract.

If wanting to renegotiate a contract and any discounts then don't expect to get very far if conversing with the regular accounts customer support representatives. You really need to go via retentions by using the "Thining of leaving us?" option on the phone. Only these representatives have the authority to give you the kind of discounts you appear to be looking for. TRy not to fall into the trap of signing up for new higher tier services because you'll end up with an even bigger bill in another 12 months time. Stay resolute and ask for a discount applicable to the package you already have.

Yes, there does appear to be a growing number of long term customers reporting that they are not being offered new loyalty discounts when their current deal comes to an end, but from what I can tell this is a result of them talkung to the overseas accounts support stadd as opposed to talking to anyone in retentions?

0 Kudos
elvedhel
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It is at end of contract and yup unfortunately it was there overseas customer services despite calling the retentions number. Funny how they are quick to offer new packages and discounts on mobile contracts but won’t budge on the media side. Still I’m off work next week so will try to get through to someone sensible

0 Kudos