Menu
Apjw23
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

advice please

Hi, A few years ago probably around 2016-17 when i was in college. My mother set up virgin media in our house but put it in my name meaning i don't know any email that was used to register and pay bills however she was still the one paying for it and had told me she had to put it under my name, this was fine to me at the time.

I moved out for university at the end of last year and obviously i didn't think about anything regarding the Virgin Media since she was still there and it had been years since it was set up. 

Cut to today and i get a letter through where i'm living at for university from debt collectors saying virgin media is looking for me. After getting the letter i contacted my Mother asking why i've got this and how much it is, but i got no reply from her.  Any advice on what to do is appreciated.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: advice please

You would have to ask her to settle your debt.  If she does not then you would either have to pay or go to the Police as she has commited fraud

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Apjw23

Thank you for posting on our community forum pages.

Is there a contact number on the letter which you could ring in order to confirm further details about this? 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Apjw23
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

I see my Mother tomorrow where i'll phone up virgin directly to get this sorted as she will have the account information, having looked up the company that sent me the letter i think it would be better to go through virgin due to the amount of negative reviews about their customer service. If that doesn't work i will ring the number on the letter.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

When you are with your mother tomorrow and you have the account details available we can also take a look on here for you. 

If you'd like to post again on here tomorrow we can send you a private message in order for us to get the account information from you? 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Apjw23
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

She was telling me she didnt know what the account information was so i don't know how to proceed with this

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello again Apjw23

So that we can discuss this in a little more detail we'll send you a private message in order to get some more details.

Many thanks. 

David_Pn
Forum Team