cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account number mismatch after move

calmness_21
Joining in

I moved address using the "move address" function on the virgin media website. My old contract was ended correctly (i think) but then when I set up my new box with a new account number I cannot login to view bills or change anything for that. 

When I login i see the old contract and old account number. If I try to setup a new account with the correct account number it tells me "your account is already setup" on that old account login.

I can see that this has been an ongoing issue with your website from other posts can anyone help with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi calmness_21, 

Thanks for coming back to us via private message. We're glad we've been able to get things sorted for you now. 

If you have any further issues, feel free to pop back to us in the Community so we can help further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @calmness_21,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are having issues when trying to log into your new account. We can understand this is not ideal. Just to confirm, did you sign up using the same email? When did you register for a new account? Also, how did you register for it?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Hi Akua_A,

I used the same email as there was a section to deal with moving house which i clicked on. I have tried to set up the account with another email also yet it will not work. 

The email and login I have used for my new box only displays my previous billing from a previous box from a previous house. I have tried to set up a new account using my current account number/area code with both my usual email address and a different address. I moved at the start of July which was when i got the new box. 

The old contract is the only one I can access when I log in. 

Thanks for the reply.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply calmness_22.

From what you have advised, it sounds like we will need to transfer the details over from your old account to your new one, we can help with this.

I will just need to take some details via private message so I will pop this over now. You will find this in the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi calmness_21, 

Thanks for coming back to us via private message. We're glad we've been able to get things sorted for you now. 

If you have any further issues, feel free to pop back to us in the Community so we can help further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team