Menu
razorhazor
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Your phone line is cutting my call after 20 minutes of waiting

Happened twice now, I'm trying to get through to disconnections before 14th August and your phone system keeps disconnecting the call after I've listened to music for 20 minutes...

...this is getting very frustrating...

0 Kudos
androidavis
Tuning in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Your phone line is cutting my call after 20 minutes of waiting

me too - arr so annoying as they are saying there is approx 20 minutes wait.
21 minutes waiting at first then cut off.
19 minutes on second attempt and then cut off. as I write this im at 19 mins - lets see
androidavis
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

21 minutes on my 3rd attempt what a waste of time 

0 Kudos
razorhazor
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

at least I'm not the only one!
0 Kudos
razorhazor
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

another day, another hang up...

is there a contact centre sitting around wondering why they're not getting any calls?!?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello razorhazor and thank you for your post,

I'm very sorry to hear you have been experiencing difficulty getting through to the team, we have been very busy over the last couple of weeks.

I hope you've managed to get the help you were after, if not we have started to see call volumes come down so I'd recommend giving our customer relations team another go. It's 150 from a Virgin Media phone or 0345 454 1111, option 1 then 4.

You can find all of our contact details here: http://virg.in/VMcontact.

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
androidavis
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Looks like ed balls has been having the same issue we had that evening...http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/article-6055127/Ed-Balls-goes-war-Virgin-Media-Twitter.html

razorhazor
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Michael

Thanks for the reply, I managed to get through tonight in 30 seconds so things seem to be alot better now.

Although when I did get through the retention team didn't match the previous offer I had the week before and now its looking like I'm going to have to either pay an additional £17 a month for the same package, or reduce my package to broadband only.

Apparently the offers available can change so it looks like the great deal I was offered last week came off the table when I wanted to think about it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi razorhazor, 

Thanks for coming back and confirming you've been able to speak to the team now. 

Offers and promotions are subject to availability to the point where you may be offered something one day, and by the following day it's no longer available. 

I am sorry you missed out this time. Keep checking though as new offers are created each day Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
androidavis
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thought i'd try again this afternoon. 21 minutes on hold and you guessed it i got hung up.

So its not fixed. And so i guess if you are not going to have the phone answered within the first 15 or 16 minutes or so you are pretty much not going to get through until someone fixes the problem. If people who are not waiting so long to speak to an agent will not get automatically disconnected approaching 20 minutes I guess the call centre dont think there is a problem as there is still a constant stream of people getting in when call queues dip to 15 minutes or below.

anyway, frustrating. Can anyone help in the meantime, perhaps get an agent from the desk to call me? PM me if required

0 Kudos