Menu
Highlighted
7ONY
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You wouldn't let me leave

I am writing to make an official complaint.

I have been trying to leave Virgin Media for a few weeks now, but because of my mental health issues (depression, anxiety, schizoaffective disorder, Autism) I felt I was bullied into staying longer.

On the first phone call I made to Virgin Media I was bullied into staying with Virgin, I had told the woman I wanted to end my contract and move over to Talk Talk, I said because the cost kept creeping up and was now £41, and because it kept cutting out in my new house.

I said several times, no, I want to leave, but she was like a machine, and bullied me into staying. So I said, I cant deal with this now, and hung up.

Does that sound like a fair way to treat someone with severe mental health issues ? After that I was suicidal for a few days and suffered from anxiety about calling again.

I called back again, and tried to leave. This time the person said they would send an engineer to fix the problem. Although I wanted to go with Talk Talk, he managed to convince me to give Virgin one more try, but again I felt bullied into it.

To be honest I do not want to stay with Virgin. I want to go with Talk Talk and they are already setting up my new account.

Can you please let me leave with 30 days notice from today, or do you want me to suffer and feel suicidal and bullied again ?

Talk Talk is half the price of Virgin and my friend has it round her place and I am very satisfied with what she has so do not try to bully me again into staying please ? I've been with you since 2003 and I just simply want to move on to a cheaper service... but you have made me afraid of trying... and feel at my wits end.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: You wouldn't let me leave

Hi 7ONY, thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been made to feel this way when getting in touch about your account & contract.

I'll be happy to take a look into this for you and ensure any relevant action is taken where needed, I'll send a PM shortly to confirm some details & will look forward to your reply.

Tom_F

7ONY
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ican't handle the last bill... it's a hundrdd quid... i ckjust cannt afford it i'm not well bewcausde of this... a hundred quid for what ? whayt? why ? you said it woild be 70./.. you said you wouldn't chatge me a late payment fee you lied... i phoned just a few days ago to make sure of this and here you are trying to get tgar kast droip of cash from me i just don't have you [REMOVED]... i resent you... cut me off leave me alone you [REMOVED]... i was trying tyo be nice now you can jump for the money

Post Edit - Inappropriate Language

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hello 7ONY, 

Thanks for posting to our wall again - I am sorry that you are still having some billing concerns. 

I can see that we did send you a Private Message last week to ask for some account information so we can assist you; I've sent you a follow up Private Message now. 

Please look out for the Purple Envelope and pop me a reply when you can and we'll do all we can to help you. 

Thank you 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

7ONY
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I phoned up and your helping me... panic over... I'm sorry for my rude words... I was having bill-shock so called... either way I feel I can move forward now and pay what I owe without regret, thanks again for helping me.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not a problem at all 7ONY - I can see that on your account but if you do feel you need any further assistance, please do pop back and we can assist you. 

Thanks so much for the reply. Hope you have a nice evening. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos