cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You're not with Virgin Media anymore

aadanio
Tuning in

Hi there,
After moving to a new home, I cannot log into my virgin media account correctly. This applies to both the account in the My Virgin Media app and the account in the web browser. I cannot see my bills or any current account details. My account number changed after I moved, I tried to register under the new number but I get a message that my account is already registered. After logging in, I get the following message: "You're not with Virgin Media anymore
If there's any information you want to grab from your account, you have 90 days from your disconnection date to do so. Please make sure you retrieve all your important emails and files before this time."

9 REPLIES 9

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @aadanio,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see this.

Did you use the same email from the old address? This can cause this issue, If so please let me know.

Then I will be able to move forward.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi there, thanks for your reply. Yes, I'm using the same email  from the old address.

I would like to clarify my answer: I use the old email address to sign up, and when registering a new account, I used a different email and after the new account number appears that the account already exists.

Thanks for coming back to us and clearing this up aadanio.

I think it would be best to take a look at what has happened and see why it is advising you already have an existing account. 

I will pop you over a private message to take some details, please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat so I can assist you further with this. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi aadanio,

Just a quick message to say we have now raised this issue with our IT team for you. We have asked they unlink your email address from your previous account so it may be registered at your new address for you. This normally takes between 5-7 working days. I have sent your IT reference number across on private message, so if you require any updates, any member of the team can check this for you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi there,
Even though it's been over 5 months and unfortunately I can't register or get an account on my virtual machine. After logging in to the account, I see the details of the previous account number, instead of the current one, and the last bill from the previous account. There has been no progress in fixing my virtual machine account problem for over 5 months. The mobile app also prevents me from accessing my account.

Hi Aaadino, thank you for returning to the thread to let us know!

I am so sorry to hear you are still having issues accessing your My Virgin Media account! I will send you a PM to offer supporting getting your access resolved for the cable account (My VM). 

I will also ask some additional questions regarding the mobile app access issue such as:

-Are you having an issue registering?

-Have you ever had access to the Mobile online account?

-If so, when did the access issue begin?

-Have you tried changing your password? 

All the best. 

Molly

Hi there,
First of all, I have a problem with the VM account after logging in using my current email address.
When I log in to my account, the previous account number[MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED] is displayed to me (before the move), I cannot change the account number to the current one [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED] and thus I do not have access to my current bills
and managing my account. The problem came after I reported moving to a new home. After I moved, my account was disconnected and only contains outdated data (account number, old bills). I tried to register a new account using a new account number and a new and old e-mail (each time I was redirected to a page that said that the given account already exists). Therefore, I do not have access to current data (my package, my bills). Jodi_S's help attempts have been unsuccessful and I am still unable to manage my VM account.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Hi Aadanio, thank you for keeping the thread updated. 

Hopefully you have seen my reply via PM. I completed the transfer of MY VM account for you yesterday. This can take 24 hours to take effect but should be working by tomorrow (10.10.22)

If you can please respond to my PM to let me know if it is still not working then, and I will offer further support! 

Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

All the best!

Molly