cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You need to change your sign-in details - Message

DSS777
Joining in

Rather foolishly when this popup appeared this morning, without thinking I changed my LOGIN to a GMAIL account I sometimes use.  Although it appears that the old Virgin email address is still working OK it would be preferable that I change the LOGIN back.  However despite this error apparently having been corrected by Virgin and it NOT being necessary to change at all it appears that I cannot!!

Is there any way I can?

4 REPLIES 4

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DSS777,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you accidentally changed your online username. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help. You can make this change as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/content/virginmedia/dotcom/en/myvmapp/help/help_l3_t2_s1_a1.html 

If this does not work please let us know and we will our best to help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I know how to change it, having already tried to change the LOGIN back.  However when I do this I get the undernoted message saying I cant!!

Any way round it??

"Sorry, you can’t change your sign in details to a XXXXXXXX@blueyonder.co.uk email address, please choose a different account."

Thank you for letting us know @DSS777.

To further look into this, I am sending you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad to hear this @DSS777, and happy to have been able to resolve this issue. 

Do be careful of future pop-ups 🙂 and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team