cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You have told me you have given me a free upgrade

RR-IT-GUY
Rising star

Dear Virgin Media team,

I can see that you sent me a usage page stating that you have given me a free upgrade to M600.

Do you happen to know why i cannot see this on my account or why this is not reflected when i speedtest on my virgin media hub 3. My samknows whitebox still shows that i am only getting 100 Mbps for M100.

"Boosted!

Yep, we’ve upped your broadband tier to 600Mbps. So, more online fun, here you come. Ready, set, whoooooosh…"

I just wanted to ask you when you would apply this free upgrade to my account as per the message on the screenshots attached.

Kind Regards RR THE IT GUY

6 REPLIES 6

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Looking at what you have posted there does seem to be an error in the webpage what package were you on if you were on a 100mb package then there is no free upgrade to 600mb that is for customers who are on 500mb Oomph packages. If you check on https://my.virginmedia.com/home/index it will tell you your current package.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey @RR-IT-GUY,

Thanks for taking the time to post on our forums with your query.

As @DJ_Shadow1966 advised, we would only upgrade your package to 600 mb if you were one of our 500 mb oomph customers, I'm sorry that you have received this message in error, I con confirm that you have not been upgraded to our 600mb package.

Your full package details would be on the link provided above by DJ_Shadow1966.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven_L

Thanks for your prompt response.

The first question I have is why has no testing taken place to ensure that no errors are present.

Secondly how are you going to deal with the issue.

My last point is if there was an error stating that it was for 600Mbps can you be 100% sure that it did not mean M200 or 200Mbps which in that case would make me entitled for a free upgrade, especially since I am on the M100 speed tier and your network wants higher average speeds than all the competition, I feel like this would benefit your statistics while also keeping me happy because of errors in crucial custom account web pages. I hope you see where i'm coming from.

Many Thanks

RR-THE-IT-GUY

Hi RR-IT-GUY, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

We understand your concerns however I can confirm that the offer for the boost to M600 is for our M500 customers only. Being on the M100, this wouldn't apply to you. 

We can only apologise and we will ensure this is fed back to the relevant teams. 

If you have any further queries, or wish to look at increasing your speed, please let us know and we can direct you to where you need to be 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for your message, and thanks for getting the page changed.

Just out of interest what would be the costs of the following M200, M350 or M500 without changing the rest of my bundle as it may interest you to know that at the end of my contract I am intending to leave to Openreach FTTP, more specifically talktalk future fibre 500 (550Mbps down 75Mbps Up) for £35 a month (offered three months free) including home phone. The main reason behind this decision is because of all of the issues that have occured in the last two years and the fact that it's more cost effective for me to do so. This means that any offers I am given need to be good otherwise I can't see myself using VM after the contract end date.

Hi RR-IT-GUY,

We're not able to help with package changes via this forum,

But if you give us a call on 150/ 0345 454 1111 or text us on +44753 305 1809 we can take a look for you.

Alex_Rm