cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can't use that password

_stochastic
Tuning in

Hi Team,

I have been using Virgin Media for 5 months but could not create an account. Every time I tried to set up my account and password it will prompt up an error "You can't use that password. Please choose another."

Please help address this issue. My company's reimbursement policy ends tomorrow and would need to download those payment invoices before then.

Many thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi _stochastic, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community, 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with creating a My VM account. We're aware that some people are having an issue with this and there are a few things I need to check with you. 

Can you please ensure you are following ALL of the below criteria when choosing a password.

• Between 8-64 characters.
  • Must start with a letter.
  • Contain at least one number.
  • Contains only one of these special characters: !@~&*_

If you are 100% certain that the above requirements are all being met then can you try some different password variations? This is because we've had reports of customers being able to proceed when doing this and it's mainly because some choices are too guessable to be allowed.

You should also try registering through the app or through another browser to see if this helps. 

Should this not work, pop back here and let us know. We will then be able to raise this with our IT teams to manually create the ID for you. 

Keep us posted.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,
Thank you for the quick reply!
Yes, I have tried multiple combinations satisfying this need and also used the password generator to do it. Sadly it still doesn't work 😞

Also tried App, Safari and Chrome but none of them works

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Don't worry - I will send you over a private message so I can help out here 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there _stochastic,

Ryan is currently out of office so I've picked this up for you.

I've dropped you a PM so we can discus further.

Regards,

Kain