cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can't use that password

JoshCusack
Joining in

Hi I'm a new customer and I have been trying to create an account with you for well over a week now and everytime I get to the point of choosing a password it just keeps saying that I can't use this password. I have now tried well over 50 passwords and still no joy. Its getting very frustrating now.

298 REPLIES 298

The error mesage is: You can't use that password.

(same error as other people seem to be getting)

Thanks for coming back to me josephapower

Can you confirm, does it meet the password criteria;

• 8-10 characters 
  • No special characters 
  • Start with a letter 
  • Include at least one number

If so, please can you try clearing cache/cookies, browsing history and also any auto-fill passwords 🙂 try a new browser as well as incognito mode 🙂

Let me know how you get on

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Do admin just not read any previous comments? 

THIS IS A KNOWN ISSUE WITH THE WEBSITE AFFECTING HUNDREDS OF CUSTOMERS!!!

YES, PEOPLE ARE ADHERING TO THE PASSWORD CRITERIA AND THEY ARE STILL GETTING THIS ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VanGaalsFace
Tuning in

I really can't believe you're expected to go through this rigmarole to set up an account using a simple internet form which have been common for around 30 years now. Why this hasn't been fixed in years is very worrying. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Talizman180, 

Thank you for your post.

We appreciate this is a known issue and whilst we work on getting a resolve in place, our Forum team will do all we can to work with our customers to find a work around. 

To do this, we need to start off by checking a few things and ensure the correct steps are being taken. 

Thank you for your patience, 

Nat

Hi @jdlw1

I would love to help you access your 'My Virgin Media' account.  I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Ovadiah, thanks for getting back to us.

I would love to help you access 'My Virgin Media.  I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the responses Talizman180,

Welcome back to the community.

To investigate this further I've dropped you a PM.

Thanks,

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Danny84,

To investigate further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will be within the purple envelope icon.

Thanks,

Kain

Hi @marc_w90

Thanks for your message but please in future do not send a PM unless we specifically ask you to or send a PM first 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill