cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can't use that password

JoshCusack
Joining in

Hi I'm a new customer and I have been trying to create an account with you for well over a week now and everytime I get to the point of choosing a password it just keeps saying that I can't use this password. I have now tried well over 50 passwords and still no joy. Its getting very frustrating now.

298 REPLIES 298

jdlw1
Settling in

Hi, 

I am having the same issue as everyone else. Trying to set up my online account today and no matter what password I enter I get an error saying I cannot use it, even though I am following the password requirements. I have called up the support helpline and get told I have to enter the 3rd letter of my password in order to be put through to somebody.

Please can somebody help?

Thanks

ads381
Joining in

Hi, having the same issue as everyone else. Tried multiple times with different passwords and no joy. 
Please help!

Danny84
On our wavelength

No I haven't had an account before, I have just signed upto fiber200 about 2 weeks ago. I have the billing email telling me to sign up.

Just give me a password reset, is it really that hard? Why are so many people having this problem? Whoever is in charge of the online part of Virgin needs to go, useless. This has been 3 weeks in this thread and still not fixed yet you all just keep saying the same things to people.

You have acknowledged other people sending them a PM to fix it yet you miss others. You need to find out what is going on from above and let us all know because this is ridiculous. 

VanGaalsFace
Tuning in

I am also getting this issue when I am trying to sign up for an account to view the my virgin media account. I need this to access the app to go through the Wifi blackspots which I am already experiencing. Can someone please contact me to resolve this? If you don't I will have no choice but to cancel unfortunately as this is highly frustrating and leaving me with a product that is  useless.

Acjm00
Joining in

Hi all,

I’ve experienced this same issue since I started with virgin media about 6 weeks ago. 

I still haven’t been able to successfully create an account. I now have an upcoming bill which I need to check and still can’t due to a password error. 

This really is ridiculous.

Hi Acjm00,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're unable to register for an account online.

We are aware that some people are having an issue with this and there are a few things I need to check with you.

Can you please ensure you are following ALL of the below criteria when choosing a password?

•  Between 8-10 characters.

•  Must start with a letter.

•  Contain at least one number.

•  No special characters.
If you are 100% sure that the above requirements are all being met, can we ask you to try some different password variations? This is because we've had reports of customers being able to proceed when doing this and it's mainly because some choices are too guessable to be allowed.

Can we also ask you to try registering through the Virgin Media app or through another web browser to see if this helps?

If this does not work, come back to us. We will then be able to raise this with our IT teams to manually create the ID for you.

Kind regard Jodi. 

Not working for me. Someone help. I'm also not receiving verification email for this board on my main account.

Trying to sign up for my virgin account and it's saying I can't use the password nomatter what I enter.

Ovadiah
Joining in

Hello,

I am having the same problem of being unable to sign up due to the password error.

I have tried all the suggestions in this post as well as the criteria the VM representative has put on this thread (ie no special characters, 8-10 letters etc etc) however nothing works.

Please can someone reach out to help me with this?

To all the admin - 

people are adhering to the password criteria. 

I, like most have tried multiple passwords, even random combinations of letters and numbers. This isn’t user error!!! This is a problem with your systems and needs fixing immediately. 
I am incredibly frustrated that this is my first touch point with VM and it hasn’t been dealt with. Utterly ridiculous. 

Dom_P-T
Tuning in

Hi,

I also have this issue right now and none of the suggested fixes are working. I'm trying to log in to pay as I missed a payment deadline and virgin have threatened to cease the wifi, but I can't pay without logging in. First I don't get the welcome email and now I can't make a password.

Any urgent help would be appreciated as I don't want to pay a late payment fee for issues that were not within my control.