cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can't use that password

JoshCusack
Joining in

Hi I'm a new customer and I have been trying to create an account with you for well over a week now and everytime I get to the point of choosing a password it just keeps saying that I can't use this password. I have now tried well over 50 passwords and still no joy. Its getting very frustrating now.

298 REPLIES 298

Hey @Bl4hBl4h, thank you for the post and welcome to the Virgin Media forums!

So sorry to hear you're facing issues with setting up a password for MyVM. This has been an ongoing issue which should have been rectified now.

I will send you a request for a private message - watch out for the purple envelope 🙂

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Em10
Joining in

Same issues as everyone else, been trying for almost a month now. Everytime I call up, I'm told 'it's a known issue and it's been working on. Sorry there is nothing we can do to set up your account our side'.

As stated by othres, this is ridiculous, and no one seems bothered about fixing it. Technical issues appear to go back to at least February too.

PLEASE HELP

Hi Em10.

Thanks for your post. 
Sorry to hear about the issue with your account.
I can look into this for you. 
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

Just checked the purple envelope, still empty?

Happy for you to reach out

Haroldt8
Joining in

I am also having this issue, no password seems to work, tried on multiple devices, on the app etc.  (even the aaa111aaa combo suggestion). 

Is there an actual solution to this yet from virgin or are they just welcoming everyone to the community?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi,

@Em10, I'm sorry you haven't received the PM from Gareth. I'll send this over now. Please look out for it in the purple envelope.

@Haroldt8, thanks for posting and welcome to the Forums. I'm really sorry to hear you're still having issues with setting up the account, even after trying the workarounds. I'm also going to pop you a PM, you'll find it in the top-right of our forums in the purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

I still haven't received any help although I see some others have (not sure why it's selective). I finally managed to get past the password stage but then received an error and couldn't get further. Now I can't set up an account because it says I have one, the password I created doesn't work, and I receive the following error message when I try to reset it "You can’t reset your password online right now, as you don’t have additional details set up on your account." 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @SallyDav,

I'm really sorry you feel as if we are selecting other members, this is not the case. Unfortunately, our system doesn't seem to be pulling all of the posts from this thread, this has been flagged for one of our team to investigate.

I'm going to pop you a PM to get some more details. As with others, it's in the top-right in the purple envelope 🙂

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Danny84
On our wavelength

Ordered Virgin about a week ago, got the email with my details and I am trying to sign up so I can track my order.

Having the same problem as everyone else, "can't use that password" i've tried everything with the set criteria and it just won't work. Surely this can't be hard to fix, i've read through this forum and it's been going on for weeks now.

How can I now register? I have no idea when my router is arriving or any other information for that matter.

@Reece_MH

I have replied to your PM but not heard back since, is there any progress with this?